Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
Not sure if this is everyone's experience, but I much prefer sharing the road with a McGill's bus than a First. They just seem like better and more aware drivers.

Slick

Guru
Not sure if this is everyone's experience, but I much prefer sharing the road with a McGill's bus than a First. They just seem like better and more aware drivers.
Not on my route, and the reek.........xx(

Slick

Guru
Oh well. I suspect the bus would probably complain about my smell too.

They seem to have a couple of good drivers at least... Must have just been a good day.
No, I think you may be right. Mrs Slick uses the buses and always remarks on how good some of the drivers are. I just seem to get stuck behind more than my fair share of McGill buses and it's not pleasant.

iandg

Legendary Member
I'm suspended from work, currently under investigation with a grievance in and everything's not going to be nice, looking for a settlement but may end up at tribunal. Wife's applying for jobs on the mainland. When she gets lucky that's the end of my time in the Outer Hebrides (will have been here 20 years come January 2018).

Not going back to Englandshire tho'!

Slick

Guru
I'm suspended from work, currently under investigation with a grievance in and everything's not going to be nice, looking for a settlement but may end up at tribunal. Wife's applying for jobs on the mainland. When she gets lucky that's the end of my time in the Outer Hebrides (will have been here 20 years come January 2018).

Really sorry to hear that, there's been a few instances of these at my work lately and I've seen the stress that being involved can cause. I hope you have good representation, that's a must.

Sorry to hear that it progressed to that. Hopefully something good will come of it in the end.

Col5632

Guru
Most people find it quicker by bike, though ... :scratch:

I'm doing Parkrun every saturday morning, winter is a rubbish time for cycling

Col5632

Guru
I had to Google Parkrun, now I know why I'd not heard of it, we don't have any open space in the Highlands:rolleyes:.

parkrun is a series of 5k runs held on Saturday mornings in areas of open space around the UK

That surprises me as they are all over the country, maybe its the lack of people living up there :laugh:

I'm on my 7th Parkrun, doesn't cost a penny :okay:

Slick

Guru
Is the road grit being rationed this year ?

In Glasgow it looks like the bus routes and not much else getting done.
Nothing round the back of the airport at Inchinnan either. Each corner was taken with care this morning.:eek:

Top Bottom