Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I thought they only did the bus routes everywhere now, my street at top of a hill has not been gritted for years and I think it was only gritted in the past because the gritter driver stayed around the corner.
I hear that Falkirk council grits every road area but leaves deepest darkest Denny to its own devices :tongue:

U

User6179

I hear that Falkirk council grits every road area but leaves deepest darkest Denny to its own devices :tongue:

Aye the council are cutting right back here!

nintchdbpict000301840679.jpg

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
@Eddy whats the carron valley road like now? I'm sure the last time I passed you on the bike you said to me that they were fixing the rough part at Fintry on it. I can't remember who told me but I got told they had chuckied a good part of the road and it was taking a while to bed in

U

User6179

@Eddy whats the carron valley road like now? I'm sure the last time I passed you on the bike you said to me that they were fixing the rough part at Fintry on it. I can't remember who told me but I got told they had chuckied a good part of the road and it was taking a while to bed in

The last time I was up they had finished tarring the worst bits on the fast down hills sections, I don't know if they have now chuckied this bit, the other bits that were chuckied near the dam are fine, just checked Strava and was last up there end of October so unless they have top dressed the new bits it should be OK

Last edited by a moderator:
Cycling.. what's that lol
Get out. :tongue:

Happy (belated) anniversary Ed.

"the Other Place Where I No Longer Go" and I don't know where you're talking about.
Thanks man, I was referring to the Book of Faces. I deleted my account because it was making me (even more) miserable :okay:

Now that there's a few potential attendees for the RV ride, any preferences? The obvious midpoint would be in or around Stirling, but if there's no-one more central or east coast interested we could do something more west-coast-y. (Balloch? Largs?)

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
If there's something around Stirlingy I might be up for it. If I can remember which way up my bike goes.

Slick

Guru

Thanks man, I was referring to the Book of Faces. I deleted my account because it was making me (even more) miserable :okay:

Now that there's a few potential attendees for the RV ride, any preferences? The obvious midpoint would be in or around Stirling, but if there's no-one more central or east coast interested we could do something more west-coast-y. (Balloch? Largs?)
Balloch would be great for me as it's a great path most of the way there. Largs is closer and would be a good opportunity to explore different routes down there and I'm in Stirling reasonably regularly visiting family and I reckon I could tempt at least one other to join me there. Probably not much help but so far any of your 3 suggestions would be good for me.

Stirling is ideal for me #selfish but happy to travel. Would be good to catch up with some of the troops again.

snorri

Legendary Member
A blatant cut and paste from Twitter, but it made me laugh in the morning....
Some guy in Gregg’s in Cumnock moaning about his sausage roll being ‘stane caul.’ Handed it back to the woman to feel it and she’s like ‘aye it will be stane caul, that’s yer eclair’
1f602.png

Top Bottom