Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Like herding cats, you lot :laugh:
If anyone has preference for alternative dates in the new year please feel free - I'm easy either way.
I'll stick up a thread in the correct place in a day or so.
I remember it well from when I was trying to herd the CC Ecosse posse many moons ago :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Seeing as giving is better than receiving at this time of year, I'm giving you fair notice!
Enjoy your the next Hogmanay, it'll be your last. I'm reclaiming it on behalf of Yorkshire.
Ian McMillan.jpg

You can have "Bonny Donny" though. as it was given to you.
Bonny Donny.jpg

You fought for independence in Yorkshire, then went home to think again. And again! Yet the peace treaty remains unsigned. Your leaders thought it wasn't worth bothering with.
https://www.yorkshire.com/inspirati...ds/scottish-wars-of-independence-in-yorkshire

So when you're out on the last night of this year, just remember, it'll be your last time doing so
Hogmanay-Yorkshire.jpg

Slick

Guru
Seeing as giving is better than receiving at this time of year, I'm giving you fair notice!
Enjoy your the next Hogmanay, it'll be your last. I'm reclaiming it on behalf of Yorkshire.
View attachment 388026
You can have "Bonny Donny" though. as it was given to you.
View attachment 388023
You fought for independence in Yorkshire, then went home to think again. And again! Yet the peace treaty remains unsigned. Your leaders thought it wasn't worth bothering with.
https://www.yorkshire.com/inspirati...ds/scottish-wars-of-independence-in-yorkshire

So when you're out on the last night of this year, just remember, it'll be your last time doing so
View attachment 388024
Turns out we were enjoying our ne'rday around 500 years before that lot. :cheers:

Just FYI, I've not forgotten about the RV. I've been brought low with migraine over the last week :sad:
It's not like me to leave stuff to the last minute :whistle::angel:

The forecast for Saturday looks poor - cold AND wet.
I propose a postponement until the new year (it will give me time to get my head together too...) but if there's still appetite for a ride on Saturday we can arrange a time and a place. Stirling has a selection of cyclist friendly coffee shops, and if the turnout would be quite low we probably wouldn't need to book into a place for food.

It would be best for a west coast feeder ride to Stirling to start from Glasgow Green or Alexandra Park.

Slick

Guru
Just FYI, I've not forgotten about the RV. I've been brought low with migraine over the last week :sad:
It's not like me to leave stuff to the last minute :whistle::angel:

The forecast for Saturday looks poor - cold AND wet.
I propose a postponement until the new year (it will give me time to get my head together too...) but if there's still appetite for a ride on Saturday we can arrange a time and a place. Stirling has a selection of cyclist friendly coffee shops, and if the turnout would be quite low we probably wouldn't need to book into a place for food.

It would be best for a west coast feeder ride to Stirling to start from Glasgow Green or Alexandra Park.
I'm happy to leave it as im not feeling particularly strong on the bike the last couple of weeks. I'm happy to take part if it goes ahead but my preference would be the new year.

Top Bottom