Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I'm looking for a gentle pootle before dinner and to kill a couple of hours.

Slick

Guru
She's got a big back yard is all I'll say.
Oh, I thought she was Eberdeen, have I got that wrong?:blush:

Only a few hours, nowt else?
I'm working up here for a week and find it boring at night. A couple of hours on the bike would suit me fine, I'm not doing the whole lot. :laugh:

slow scot

Veteran
I don't suppose anyone can tell me if I can cycle this on an evening without going over the handlebars?

http://www.deesideway.org

I know it's in @Mrs M back yard.
From Duthie Park in Aberdeen right out to Peterculter it's all Tarmac and flat with just one road to cross, at Milltimber Brae. After that it zigs and zags a bit but is still fairly ok. It's not lit at any point so an evening spin would need good lights this time of year. Going over handlebars would not be the fault of the route!

Slick

Guru
From Duthie Park in Aberdeen right out to Peterculter it's all Tarmac and flat with just one road to cross, at Milltimber Brae. After that it zigs and zags a bit but is still fairly ok. It's not lit at any point so an evening spin would need good lights this time of year. Going over handlebars would not be the fault of the route!
Nice, thanks for that. I've got good lights so I'll Give it a go after work tomorrow.

Slick

Guru
I should have added that ice may be a problem for the next few days. It's never treated and I'd avoid it without appropriate tyres. Enjoy your time up here.
Oh, right. I'll wait to see what tomorrow brings but it appears it's probably better weather up here than anywhere else in the country at the moment.

I always enjoy it up here, nearly took a full time job at one point but Mrs Slick wasn't convinced. I still wonder if I was right or not.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I should have added that ice may be a problem for the next few days. It's never treated and I'd avoid it without appropriate tyres. Enjoy your time up here.
It's not quite Aberdeen, but .... just sayin' ... that was me cycling today:whistle:
IMG_20180116_173730333.jpg

Btw, welcome @slow scot :welcome:

Top Bottom