Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
You've a back garden, not a back yard?

Slick

Guru
Whilst walking the cold streets of Inverness on Tuesday I was handed a flier for Kool Runnings, a new 'Caribbean Bar and Kitchen'.
The flier included a sample menu, the first item in the Starters section being........................................ Cullen Skink :eek:.
:laugh: Ah, the old traditional Caribbean favourite. How were the stovies? :laugh:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Haddock - the Scottish Bacon:okay:

Funny you should say that but I had a smoked haddock Scotch egg in a restaurant last week. Very nice.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Whilst walking the cold streets of Inverness on Tuesday I was handed a flier for Kool Runnings, a new 'Caribbean Bar and Kitchen'.
The flier included a sample menu, the first item in the Starters section being........................................ Cullen Skink :eek:.
I look forward to the day that my favourite local traditional restaurant, "Big Jock's Lard Emporium", has spicy beef patties; saltfish and ackee; jerk chicken; curried goat; and rice 'n' peas on the menu. Washed down with a strong rum punch and a Red Stripe (a proper "brewed in Jamaica" one - not the gnats piss brewed under licence in Chelmsford) ! :laugh:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I look forward to the day that my favourite local traditional restaurant, "Big Jock's Lard Emporium", has spicy beef patties; saltfish and ackee; jerk chicken; curried goat; and rice 'n' peas on the menu. Washed down with a strong rum punch and a Red Stripe (a proper "brewed in Jamaica" one - not the gnats piss brewed under licence in Chelmsford) ! :laugh:

I'm sure somewhere in Montego Bay, some wee Rastafarian is crying into his Red Stripe, dreaming of the day he can get stuck into a Pizza Crunch supper then washed down by a chilled can of Tennant's Lager after he gets the munchies after a spliff or two

pizza-crunch-resized.jpg

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
25th January and not a Burns poem in da hoose.
One of the lesser-known but the wittiest (my fave is 'Such a Parcel of Rogues in a Nation')

Epitaph for James Smith

Lament him, Mauchline husbands a’,
He aften did assist ye;
For had ye staid hale weeks awa,
Your wives they ne’er had miss’d ye.
Ye Mauchline bairns, as on ye press,
To school in bands thegither,
O tread ye lightly on his grass,—
Perhaps he was your father!

It'll be a big lump of Lorne, Tatties and Neeps for me washed down by the OTHER national almost sugar-free drink.
Feel free to post your favourite:okay:

AndyRM

XOXO
I'll be raising a large dram to my parents' dads tonight, both of whom died very recently. They were huge Burns aficionados, both being from Ayrshire (Dundonald and Troon). Both great men in different ways, and sorely missed.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'll be raising a large dram to my parents' dads tonight, both of whom died very recently. They were huge Burns aficionados, both being from Ayrshire (Dundonald and Troon). Both great men in different ways, and sorely missed.

Top Bottom