Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Which will end up at the wrong place.
All kidding aside, I did drop Scottish cycling a line.:okay:

pjd57

Veteran
Still snowing in G23 , about as far north as you can get in the city. Walked out to Maryhill rd today , without a bike.
Even the main roads were covered in snow at lunch time and it's been coming down almost non stop since then.
Definitely not cycling weather.
I did see one or two out, but making slow progress.

Slick

Guru
Still snowing in G23 , about as far north as you can get in the city. Walked out to Maryhill rd today , without a bike.
Even the main roads were covered in snow at lunch time and it's been coming down almost non stop since then.
Definitely not cycling weather.
I did see one or two out, but making slow progress.
Still snowing here as well, probably around 250mm of good powdery snow. I was sent home from work today and told not to turn in tomorrow but due to the nature of my job I might need to come in over the weekend to make up the time. Every cloud and all that.:thumbsup:

Slick

Guru
We didn't half.
FB_IMG_1519820381767.jpg

Brandane

Legendary Member
Unusually for the coast (i.e. a few hundred yards from the Clyde) we've had a load of snow the last 24 hours. Got to work on the MTB this morning and then, being "the janny" at a care home, it was my job to clear snow from fire escapes, fire exits, and then the long driveway. Talk about farting against thunder!! Did what I could today, and it looks as if I'll be doing it all again tomorrow......

pjd57

Veteran
I only work occasionally, as and when / zero hours.
Suits me, as I can say no when I want.

Due to work tomorrow, going to 3 different people, about 15 mile round trip . Using my bike is the easiest way of doing it.
Messaged them today to ask about tomorrow. Told not to bother.
Daft thing is , if I hadn't bothered asking and waited till tomorrow morning they would more than likely have text me and cancelled.
Then I would still have been paid

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Wireless @snorri? Did you mean online radio station ... or Spotify? :whistle: ;)
Well, it's snowing heavy again at the moment, I was sorry to have my shift cancelled tomorrow, but maybe it was wise of the event organizers to cancel.

Top Bottom