Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Mate of mine was supposed to be flying to Tenerife tomorrow morning with his daughter for a short break (coming back Monday night).
Flight has been delayed "at least" 24 hours. On such a short break, they aren't going.
Both Glasgow and Edinburgh airports are currently closed. Prestwick is open, as always (Emirates was diverted there tonight) - but it is the one most likely to go out of business :sad:.

Slick

Guru
Mate of mine was supposed to be flying to Tenerife tomorrow morning with his daughter for a short break (coming back Monday night).
Flight has been delayed "at least" 24 hours. On such a short break, they aren't going.
Both Glasgow and Edinburgh airports are currently closed. Prestwick is open, as always (Emirates was diverted there tonight) - but it is the one most likely to go out of business :sad:.
My BIL is on the same flight, but as he lives in Perth he thinks everything is fine. Mrs Slick has been trying to get him all night.

Brandane

Legendary Member
My BIL is on the same flight, but as he lives in Perth he thinks everything is fine. Mrs Slick has been trying to get him all night.
Thomas Cook?
They were telling my mate all was fine, even when Glasgow Airport website was saying no departures until tomorrow afternoon.

Slick

Guru
Thomas Cook?
They were telling my mate all was fine, even when Glasgow Airport website was saying no departures until tomorrow afternoon.
Not sure. My wife has finally got him on the phone now, so hopefully he will get the full picture.

Poor show from Thomas Cook.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Ryanair flight from Alicante just diverted to old reliable PIK from Aberdeen airport..
Nah, a real wireless, with valves and condensers and things, helps to warm the house and provide entertainment:biggrin:.
I'd an old ex WD radio receiver I bought from an Army Surplus store in Glasgow (circa 1960s) and this thing when fired up warmed my room nicely, 15 shillings it cost.
It's all transistors etc now..

we have over a foot of snow outside..
stay warm and safe, folks:okay:

Slick

Guru
Ryanair flight from Alicante just diverted to old reliable PIK from Aberdeen airport..

I'd an old ex WD radio receiver I bought from an Army Surplus store in Glasgow (circa 1960s) and this thing when fired up warmed my room nicely, 15 shillings it cost.
It's all transistors etc now..

we have over a foot of snow outside..
stay warm and safe, folks:okay:
We're the same maybe a bit more. It's the quality powder stuff too so it looks a lot worse than it is with the wind blowing it around. Some interesting shapes at the side of the road in the deep drifts though.
Another day off work, so can't complain.

Last edited:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
We're the same maybe a bit more. It's the quality powder stuff too so it looks a lot worse than it is with the wind blowing it around. Some interesting shapes at the side of the road in the deep drifts though.
Another day of work, so can't complain.
I got an old ice cream container but too fine to make into blocks for an igloo..
I thought I'd let Mrs M sleep out overnight to see if it was safe enough to, for future reference.

Slick

Guru
I got an old ice cream container but too fine to make into blocks for an igloo..
I thought I'd let Mrs M sleep out overnight to see if it was safe enough to, for future reference.
Very wise:laugh:

My conservatory is looking more and more like an igloo every day, feels like it too. I think they must be overrated.

Igloos and conservatory's.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Very wise:laugh:

My conservatory is looking more and more like an igloo every day, feels like it too. I think they must be overrated.

Igloos and conservatory's.
Conservatories, too warm in the summer, too bloody cold in the winter. Saying that ours is the living room
Dunno, did some snow hole stuff up in the Glencoe area(when snow was snow) and was surprisingly impressed at how warm it stayed.
A wuss now as I love me soft comfy bed:whistle:

Brandane

Legendary Member
In praise of Thomas Cook: They are getting a full refund on the cost of flights! (Accommodation wasn't part of the deal as they were going to a relatives apartment).

, I still need to write about last June's one ... erm ...
Let me start you off,
tumblr_nxl3lh4QRm1ugas5oo1_500.gif

Top Bottom