Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I'm currently sitting in an Arnold Clark in Bishopbriggs getting a free service I won in a raffle at a night out for the local football team. There is an endless supply of green tea and Walkers Shortbread and it will be 2 hours before they finish. I'll need to do a few miles tonight to burn this off. :shy:
Mrs M made shortbread t'other day, lemon it was but she used rice flour in the recipe..
it tasted okay but weird:ohmy:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Kourapiedes, Greek shortbread made with half ground almonds, half flour.
Must make you some!
Eh........

Sounds weird. I'm never one to bite that hand that feeds, but I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to things of this nature. Which is probably just code for "stick in the mud". :rolleyes:
Wasn't that bad but after years of mum in law's shortbread...
it did lack that buttery shortie taste...

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Wot???
You're a veggie, you don't like broad beans?? :tongue:

snorri

Legendary Member
Kourapiedes, Greek shortbread made with half ground almonds, half flour.
Must make you some!
I can receive postal packages too Pat, the van passes in the morning, six days a week:whistle::whistle:
Which leads me on to my recent parcel post experience. I have a fine pair of strong shoes for general use but the heels are now well worn down. I saw a pair on Amaz0n, exactly the same model of shoe and promptly ordered a pair. Next day I thought, funny, I dont remember the Order Form asking me to enter a shoe size. I checked the website again and sure enough there was no space to enter the size. Ach well I thought maybe these people in the land of Amaz0n have the second sight like my late Uncle Donald in Grandtully and will know my size anyway. Sadly they did not, a Size 3 had been dispatched to fit my size 8 foot:sad:. Never mind, it was the first windless day for a while and a pleasure to cycle in to the local Post office and return the said footwear:smile:.

iandg

Legendary Member
That must be super frustrating. I hope you hadn't made the journey from D&G for the purposes of that viewing.
But, has it ever been simultaneously dry and not windy up there?

Not a special journey thankfully, I'm back up north until mid April now. They came back this morning tho' and there were positive vibes so fingers crossed. Another viewing this afternoon too. Getting plenty through the door but only one (ridiculously low) offer so far that we turned down.

iandg

Legendary Member
Not a special journey thankfully, I'm back up north until mid April now. They came back this morning tho' and there were positive vibes so fingers crossed. Another viewing this afternoon too. Getting plenty through the door but only one (ridiculously low) offer so far that we turned down.

A promising viewing - the cancelled visit yesterday was because their new employers (who are buying the house) had not agreed. After this mornings viewing the feedback is that this afternoon's viewing is a committee from their new employers to give the ok.

He's a minister!!! Oh-well, we bought it from a minister it can go back to the church. Will have to remove all the Richard Dawkin books off the bookshelves before they arrive ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom