Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is that An La?

The Chief Executive seems to have his head well buried in the sand. An independent review has identified things that need looking at and he stands there refuting there is any issue.
I'm not a violent person but I wanted to slap his face and tell him to wake up and see reality.
It pains me to say this being Scottish but my experience of organisational bullying (not NHS) has been much worse when working in Scotland. I've now worked longer in England and had no issues there.
When I compare where I've had problems with the places I've not, it comes down to highly egotistical empire building people with only their own interests at heart exerting excessive influence in situations where they feel threatened.
Most recently I've come across the same situation at local community council level.
It rankles having to walk away from these situations because they are very wrong but you need to look after yourself.
Moving was the best thing I did. Hope you find the same.
Nice bike by the way. Onwards and upwards. Hope you enjoy exploring your new area. It's great cycling country (apart from the potholes).

Slick

Guru
Was very sad to read this
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-48364973
Could happen to any of us. Always a heartbreaking irreconcilable loss.

Safe trails folks.
It's got its own thread in general cycling. Sad times.

pjd57

Veteran
IMG_20190604_151620657.jpg
posted this on the photos section as well but thought it worth a mention here.
The White House in Maryhill has been undergoing major renovation work for several months.
Today the boards round it came down.
It looks really good.

Guess which idiot just slammed into the driver side door of a car that was creeping out of the M&S garage car park on Pollokshaws Road? This idiot!

Bike is fine and so is its rider. I suppose that's one upside of being a fat lad - I was well cushioned.
Driver was very lovely and apologetic - if I were to apportion blame I'd say it was probably 50/50 - he shouldn't have been there, but I was going too fast to stop and should have predicted that someone might pull out, then hesitation on his side and panic on mine turned it into a crash.

I'm very lucky as it could have been very serious - if the driver's window had not held it would have ended very badly indeed.

Finished my errands and the ride home. Adrenaline is a hell of a drug. :hyper:

Guess which idiot just slammed into the driver side door of a car that was creeping out of the M&S garage car park on Pollokshaws Road? This idiot!

Bike is fine and so is its rider. I suppose that's one upside of being a fat lad - I was well cushioned.
Driver was very lovely and apologetic - if I were to apportion blame I'd say it was probably 50/50 - he shouldn't have been there, but I was going too fast to stop and should have predicted that someone might pull out, then hesitation on his side and panic on mine turned it into a crash.

I'm very lucky as it could have been very serious - if the driver's window had not held it would have ended very badly indeed.

Good to hear you're okay... That sounds like one of those situations that suddenly come up on familiar territory, usually when you're a bit too relaxed. I had to swerve to avoid rear-ending a big fat SUV a couple of days ago which ´slowed for pedestrians: he was doing the right thing but I was a bit too close and fast. Fortunately there was a turn off so I had a gap (and could pretend like I'd planned it that way...)

classic33

Leg End Member

Good to hear that rider and bike are okay.

Slick

Guru

Glad both rider and machine survived. I had a bit of a run in myself and in retrospect, it was probably more my own fault than I would prefer to admit.

Take care.

Top Bottom