Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
You ok too I hope?

For you perhaps, to get into town I'd have to ride past that garage :surrender:
Yeah, I assumed all drivers were switched on and on the same page as me which was a huge mistake. No coming together but there was a lot of waving of arms and pointing at eyes.:laugh:

Sore today, had a spin to loosen up a few niggles but suspect I've only made it worse :-)

I've inspected the area on streetview and have subsequently decided that the entire fault lies with a) a tree for blocking sightlines, and b) whichever idiot decided that right turns weren't prohibited there.

Bloody trees, they don't even pay arboreal tax!

(The red square is roughly where the car was when I hit it, he was looking to turn right but couldn't get out of my way because of cars coming the other way)
upload_2019-6-6_16-58-52.png

Slick

Guru
Sore today, had a spin to loosen up a few niggles but suspect I've only made it worse :-)

I've inspected the area on streetview and have subsequently decided that the entire fault lies with a) a tree for blocking sightlines, and b) whichever idiot decided that right turns weren't prohibited there.

(The red square is roughly where the car was when I hit it, he was looking to turn right but couldn't get out of my way because of cars coming the other way)
View attachment 469689
Comes to something when a bit of growth on a tree means we have to adjust our road position to be seen. :wacko:

Could have been worse I suppose.

MiK1138

Veteran

View attachment 469689
Millions of council money wasted creating a big park and the dumb tree decides to grow on the other side of the road, not even wearing Hi-Viz or a helmet :okay:

snorri

Legendary Member
If anyone feels like writing to their MSP in order to urge them to support the Restricted roads (20mph limit)(Scotland) bill, they could click on either (not both!)of the links below for an easy guide. Parliament will vote on the Bill on Thursday 13th of June, so get your response in soon please!

https://greens.scot/vote-for-the-safer-streets-bill
There is an option on the page if you don't want to get further communication from the Scottish Greens.

Or if you prefer you could use the Cycling UK site, you don't need to be a member.
https://www.cyclinguk.org/blog/why-scottish-parliament-must-support-20-mph-local-streets

View attachment 469689
Might be worth sending that picture to the Council and asking if the lower growth can be cut off the tree to improve visibility for drivers coming out of the car park.
It might happen but then again it might not but no harm trying.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
One of my vans was written off by a territorial army captain driving a minibus and going like the proverbial bat out of you know where round a blind bend on a single track road. It was blind due to tree growth and the policeman who attended told me the council would do nothing unless there had been at least four accidents. Mine was the third and sure enough after the next one the whole obstruction was removed. Ask for the obstruction of the sightline to be removed but don’t hold your breath.

We have to take good news where we can get it but I do wonder exactly how much is creative accounting.

Individual experiences may just be unlucky, but 9.5% must be heading into Central from Barrhead. :blink:

I must admit, I did find the "Newly introduced HST sets" a bit much: they were introduced in 1978, for goodness sake, they've just been transferred to Scotland.

snorri

Legendary Member
Scotrail has been getting a lot of flak in the past year, it is good to hear of improvement in the past month, we hope it can be maintained.
I wait in vain for dualling the single track north from Perth as no great improvement in journey time can occur before then:smile:.

Top Bottom