Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Free Wheel North had asked me to write a wee piece about my experience with them.
I was happy to do it.
Wonderful organisation that does great work
They got the founding for opening their "porta-cabin coffee shop", so I volunteered to help them out with set up advice, health and hygiene stuff, suppliers contacts and so on.
Hope they get it going, if run well it could lead to financial independence for the wee charity.

Col5632

Guru
Pedal for scotland this weekend, who else is doing it?

Slick

Guru
Pedal for scotland this weekend, who else is doing it?
Yeah, I'm doing it but everyone else has dropped out so I'm flying solo. I thought about cycling back but in the end bottled it but can add 30 something miles return journey door to door. It's worth 100k and 3 points on the monthly challenge thread. :okay:

Pat "5mph"

Nice Pat, anywhere i know? :thumbsup:
Wouldn't think so, it's one of the cafes inside Rutherglen shopping centre, the one that also employs folks with learning disabilities.
It's a bit basic for my standards (well, it is Rutherglen lol) but I'm enjoying the civil working hours, I have started already, part time till I finish working my notice at the SECC.
They also have a more upmarket branch in town, I might ask for a transfer eventually.
The new commute is less than 3 miles return!
Need to do something about that! :sad:

Slick

Guru
Wouldn't think so, it's one of the cafes inside Rutherglen shopping centre, the one that also employs folks with learning disabilities.
It's a bit basic for my standards (well, it is Rutherglen lol) but I'm enjoying the civil working hours, I have started already, part time till I finish working my notice at the SECC.
They also have a more upmarket branch in town, I might ask for a transfer eventually.
The new commute is less than 3 miles return!
Need to do something about that! :sad:
You were getting tired of the full time commute anyway, weren't you?

More time for enjoying yourself on the bike again, especially now the social Sunday rides are back on the cards. :thumbsup:

Slick

Guru
True, after 8 years of riding up and down the Clyde I was getting bored of it :laugh:
Good luck in the new job Pat, and enjoy your weekends again.

Pat "5mph"

Good luck in the new job Pat, and enjoy your weekends again.
Well, there is still Saturday to be worked, but I don't mind, I like a day off during the week for stuff you can't do at the weekend, like taking the cat to the vet ^_^

Top Bottom