Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
Wouldn't think so, it's one of the cafes inside Rutherglen shopping centre, the one that also employs folks with learning disabilities.
It's a bit basic for my standards (well, it is Rutherglen lol) but I'm enjoying the civil working hours, I have started already, part time till I finish working my notice at the SECC.
They also have a more upmarket branch in town, I might ask for a transfer eventually.
The new commute is less than 3 miles return!
Need to do something about that! :sad:
Is it part of the Spoon Cafe ?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Is it part of the Spoon Cafe ?
No, private owner.
It's a CIC, community interest company.

pjd57

Veteran
No, private owner.
It's a CIC, community interest company.
I lived in Rutherglen and Cambuslang for years , all pre 1999.
The shopping centre then was called the Mitchell Arcade.
It was ok then. Haven't been in it for years though.

Good luck with the new job.

Change of subject....

Bike counters.
I was impressed that the Glasgow Green one was close to 150,000.
Then in Edinburgh this week I passed one near the Meadows .
It's close to 250,000 this year.

I enjoyed using the hire bikes

Got the keys to the new house on Friday. Some renovation to be done before we move in. Spent the first 2 afternoons there with a lump hammer and chisel.

It's in Clarencefield so if anyone's on the NCN7 between Annan and Dumfries and wants a cuppa give me a shout ;)
Thought you'd gone a bit quiet.
I'm between Gretna and Annan. Often go through Clarencefield.
Hope the renovations go well and you get settled soon.

Slick

Guru
That's pedal for Scotland done. Cracking morning all the way through and a good route except the rough stuff at the end. I'm on the bus now waiting to go back after seeing my trusty steed loaded into the back of a TNT artic, I'm now wishing I just cycled back. Great vibe in both Glasgow and Edinburgh but it did confirm my worst suspicions, you still would have more fun at a Glasgow funeral as an Edinburgh wedding. :okay:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Bumped into the awesome @Harry_Palmer79 today :smile: not so good news with one guy not making it up avonbridge and ended up not making it home either. Great day if cycling despite that though
What happened?
A fatality on the PfS?

Slick

Guru
Just saw this. First I've heard though.

Screenshot_20190908-215746_Twitter.jpg

pjd57

Veteran
That's pedal for Scotland done. Cracking morning all the way through and a good route except the rough stuff at the end. I'm on the bus now waiting to go back after seeing my trusty steed loaded into the back of a TNT artic, I'm now wishing I just cycled back. Great vibe in both Glasgow and Edinburgh but it did confirm my worst suspicions, you still would have more fun at a Glasgow funeral as an Edinburgh wedding. :okay:

Cycling back was good.
Met up with a few guys , one with local knowledge. Got us away from Ingleston and on to the Union after the big winding section. Cuts miles out.
Plenty of others were going west on the F & C .
I was back in Maryhill for 4. Then wandered about for 4 miles to reach 100.

Slick

Guru
Cycling back was good.
Met up with a few guys , one with local knowledge. Got us away from Ingleston and on to the Union after the big winding section. Cuts miles out.
Plenty of others were going west on the F & C .
I was back in Maryhill for 4. Then wandered about for 4 miles to reach 100.
Well done, there was already a couple of guys heading home back along the closed road but not sure how far they would have got before mayhem resumed. I was on my own with zero local knowledge but if I was doing it again, I would definitely get a route home. I was aiming for 100k and just managed to scrape it in the end as when I got back to Glasgow on the bus, I couldn't really muster the energy and got the train home from central.:shy:

Top Bottom