Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
Went to Balloch from Glasgow today.
Fairly routine. Cows were behaving.

I wanted to look at route 7 heading to Drymen.
Only followed it through Balloch Castle park for a look before turning back to head home.
Looks good. Planning on going Milngavie, Drymen , Balloch and home via number 7.

Gets the hills done early.

Slick

Guru
Went to Balloch from Glasgow today.
Fairly routine. Cows were behaving.

I wanted to look at route 7 heading to Drymen.
Only followed it through Balloch Castle park for a look before turning back to head home.
Looks good. Planning on going Milngavie, Drymen , Balloch and home via number 7.

Gets the hills done early.
Might be fairly routine, but it's my go to ride when I just want some miles under my belt away from the city. Drymen is more of the same but still worth the effort. There are a couple of options for a loop over Glen Fruin to Arrochar and back to Balloch via loch lomond where you could always jump the train home if you've had enough.

pjd57

Veteran
Might be fairly routine, but it's my go to ride when I just want some miles under my belt away from the city. Drymen is more of the same but still worth the effort. There are a couple of options for a loop over Glen Fruin to Arrochar and back to Balloch via loch lomond where you could always jump the train home if you've had enough.

I was toying with heading the other way, Falkirk wheel / Kelpies but the weather forecast helped me decide on going west and staying near the train stations.

Today was the first time I managed to get through Dumbarton on the signed route.
Hopefully that's it in the memory bank now.

Slick

Guru
I was toying with heading the other way, Falkirk wheel / Kelpies but the weather forecast helped me decide on going west and staying near the train stations.

Today was the first time I managed to get through Dumbarton on the signed route.
Hopefully that's it in the memory bank now.
I never follow the route there, not sure why, but I always just follow the road passed Asda and turn left at the museum that brings you onto the one way at the town centre before joining the supposed route. Pain in the backside going the long way round.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
A couple of weeks ago I forgot to put this picture in the my ride today thread, you'se can see it instead:

Hello from Pat and @pjd57 :hello:

Is there a prize for guessing who is who?

Bob runs away and avoids angry lady:laugh: in a 20 mile circle around Glasgow
I don't think 20 miles is far enough. Pat is a machine, pure endurance. You'd have better luck trying to outrun the T-1000. :whistle:

pjd57

Veteran
@Pat "5mph" , I noticed your Hampden picture on today's ride.
Do you use the bike racks at the bottom of the towers at the South Stand ?

I've used them a couple of times , but only if I am sitting in that stand.
It's a long way round from anywhere else.
Park and ride on Aitkenhead road has a rack which I tend to go to.
Getting back to the city centre after a Hampden game can be a challenge on a bike.

Top Bottom