Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OldShep

Über Member
This is what I get when going for route. Have you a link that works @Bruce 1530 ?

Attachments

• 38EFDA53-2146-4908-92C4-43FB2ED1615D.jpeg
    38EFDA53-2146-4908-92C4-43FB2ED1615D.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 3

iandg

Legendary Member
@OldShep Aye, the route link is broken. Try this:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/23232135

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
GoBike is doing a fantastic job lobbying (annoying :whistle:) GCC: for the first time ever cycling commuter paths have been gritted!
I am a member.
GoBike are not active in my neck of the woods, South Lanarkshire, but then again I cycle regularly in Glasgow.
@Slick, I don't know if your road comes under their remit, maybe ask them?

Slick

Guru
GoBike is doing a fantastic job lobbying (annoying :whistle:) GCC: for the first time ever cycling commuter paths have been gritted!
I am a member.
GoBike are not active in my neck of the woods, South Lanarkshire, but then again I cycle regularly in Glasgow.
@Slick, I don't know if your road comes under their remit, maybe ask them?
I did sign up with them Pat, but if I'm honest it was more to lend a bit of support by way of numbers more than anything else. I will ask them though, as I reckon it's only a matter of time before there is an incident with the design.

Slick

Guru
I suspect it may be pleasing some of the people who had a hand in the design and implementation but who will not be cycling on it on a regular basis.
Is there a local campaigning group you can discuss with?
I'm sure you are right, but would they allow someone who has never driven to design a new road. :wacko:

I can't be the only one who thinks its dangerous, so I'll do a bit of asking around.

Slick

Guru
The traffic system in Dundee of the early 90s was designed by someone who didn't drive.
That explains a few things, as I do remember coming from the docks it being a bit confusing heading for the bridge. I'm sure it's changed now though.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
That explains a few things, as I do remember coming from the docks it being a bit confusing heading for the bridge. I'm sure it's changed now though.

Yes, they've changed it so you have to be in the right hand lane to turn left for the bridge.

Seriously

snorri

Legendary Member
I can't be the only one who thinks its dangerous, so I'll do a bit of asking around.
Yes, it would be better to discuss with other users, then when complaints are lodged all objectors will be singing from same hymn sheet.
Good Luck!

PS Are you aware of the Cycling by Design document?
It's rather a heavy document, but could be helpful for use as evidence of things that are wrong with this new path. Unfortunately it is not mandatory, only a guide, as any road engineer will be eager to tell you:sad:. https://www.transport.gov.scot/media/14173/cycling_by_design_2010__rev_1__june_2011_.pdf

Last edited:
Top Bottom