Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Joe, I was passing through today.
Sometimes I do a shift in Hampden.
When I do I put the bike behind the second pillar on the right of the main entrance.
There is a bike rack there, hidden from view, which is excellent.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Wish football clubs would provide better facilities for bikes - you'd think they'd be keen on such things. I'd like to cycle to more games but I'm never sure if there's a secure area at the ground or not.

pjd57

Veteran
Wish football clubs would provide better facilities for bikes - you'd think they'd be keen on such things. I'd like to cycle to more games but I'm never sure if there's a secure area at the ground or not.

I cycle to all Celtic's home games.
There is a rack at the front of the stadium beside the shop. It's only got about 10 spaces, but most people prefer the railings all round it anyway. On a good day there's 20odd bikes , but a lot of people use the racks across the road at the velodrome.
It would be great to see the numbers continue to grow.
But that creates a new problem.

If even half of 1% take bikes to Celtic Park , where do we put 300 bikes ?

pjd57

Veteran
EHpw95DWkAAaSMO.jpeg

New bigger rack at Celtic park .
Still wheel benders but more spaces.

iandg

Legendary Member

My dad used to cycle 20 miles to the Molineux for Wolves games back in the 1950s.

Slick

Guru
I know the saying simple things and all that but never truly appreciated its full meaning until last night.

I've been quite enjoying commuting on Hawkhead road the past few mornings as it's closed due to resurfacing. It's been a bit of a nightmare lately due to the new house building site as they had it reduced to one lane which put you under a bit of pressure, especially from the usual white van man running late in the morning. Imagine my delight when I came down the railway bridge on to a brand new surface, which was treat enough for me but then I realised that I now have a cycle path. :wahhey:It's only a painted version and it's only a very short stretch that I can claim as my own, but its a start and I'm very grateful to finally get some sort of space for cycling on my route to work. :bicycle:

pjd57

Veteran
Visited Bar Hill fort at Twechar today.
Pics on the my ride today.

Easy ride out from Glasgow ,along the canal to Twechar, but after that the access is terrible.
Half mile up a steep bumpy farm track.
Not much can be done about that , but there's 3 gates with no bike access.
Lifted my bike over the first one but just locked it at the second and walked the last wee bit.
Definitely worth a visit , but I'd consider leaving the bike at the bottom of the hill next time.

Slick

Guru
I know the saying simple things and all that but never truly appreciated its full meaning until last night.

I've been quite enjoying commuting on Hawkhead road the past few mornings as it's closed due to resurfacing. It's been a bit of a nightmare lately due to the new house building site as they had it reduced to one lane which put you under a bit of pressure, especially from the usual white van man running late in the morning. Imagine my delight when I came down the railway bridge on to a brand new surface, which was treat enough for me but then I realised that I now have a cycle path. :wahhey:It's only a painted version and it's only a very short stretch that I can claim as my own, but its a start and I'm very grateful to finally get some sort of space for cycling on my route to work. :bicycle:
Eh, not sure how to say this without sounding totally unappreciative, but that new cycle lane is the worst thing ever. Too many issues to mention just in its first week. :sad:

Really is no pleasing some folk.

OldShep

Über Member
Thanks for that info the link to the route appears broken. Im planning going to opposite direction next May. Guessing my route Glasgow to Killin will be similar but after Killin id love to know their route or maybe I wouldn’t :laugh:

Top Bottom