Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruce1530

Guru
@mickle , loved the Irn Bru story.

Reminded me of being in an Arnold Clark garage a few years ago and Mr Clark himself came over for a chat.
He must've been about 80 at the time. Later the sales guy told me that although retired , Arnold would just turn up at random times for a chat with staff and customers.

I heard a similar story. Arnold Clark complex at Linwood, so several franchises on adjacent sites.

A Friend of a Friend (which probably means it’s made up, but let’s go with the flow...) was looking for a new car, and was in one of the many garages.

Arnold arrived, surveying his empire, spoke to the staff, and spoke to the customers (including the Friend of a Friend).

The FoaF didn’t see any cars he liked, so moved on to the next franchise,

Ten minutes later, Arnold arrived. Recognised the FoaF, gave him a wave, shouted over “Fancy meeting you - It’s great to see you again John", came over spoke for a minute, and went on his way with a “No doubt I’ll see you later!"

Salesman approached. “So how do you know Mr Clark?"

“Oh, he and I were best pals at school, he used to go out with my sister. He’s invited me round for dinner on Friday. He mentioned that you’d offer me a fantastic deal..."

Hi, long time no post! :hello:

Yeah - where've youse bin ?? :laugh:
Lately, I've been out on my bike! :bicycle:

Lost my mojo for a while, but seems it was there the whole time! :okay:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well, Easter weekend, snow forecast for Monday :ohmy:
Hurry up last frost, my spare room is full of seedlings.
Hope you are all well, and that you have managed to stay corona free.
I haven't been able to cycle for months, due to a knee injury: was going to give it a try this weekend, but I better leave it till there is no possibility of ice.
This numpty has fallen on the pavement a couple of days ago, right on my injured knee!
I think I'll start wearing MBike knee protectors .... when I'm out walking :laugh:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Well, Easter weekend, snow forecast for Monday :ohmy:
Hurry up last frost, my spare room is full of seedlings.
Hope you are all well, and that you have managed to stay corona free.
I haven't been able to cycle for months, due to a knee injury: was going to give it a try this weekend, but I better leave it till there is no possibility of ice.
This numpty has fallen on the pavement a couple of days ago, right on my injured knee!
I think I'll start wearing MBike knee protectors .... when I'm out walking :laugh:
I wondered how I hadn't seen your 'shopping trips':laugh:
I started my seeds too late..
next year I'll be ready....
it was the Aldi mini greenhouse fault....
I'd left a tray out overnight. .oops

Look after yourself, missus..

snorri

Legendary Member
I haven't been able to cycle for months, due to a knee injury:
I think I'll start wearing MBike knee protectors ....
Hi Pat, I'm sorry to hear of your trauchles, I had a falling over myself which resulted in me getting a plaster from finger tips to elbow of right arm. The only upside was learning to tie my shoelaces with one hand, one talent I hope I won't need to use again:biggrin:.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Hi Pat, I'm sorry to hear of your trauchles, I had a falling over myself which resulted in me getting a plaster from finger tips to elbow of right arm. The only upside was learning to tie my shoelaces with one hand, one talent I hope I won't need to use again:biggrin:.
Elastic laces! :laugh: I sprained my wrist really badly falling on ice end of January and it was my right hand so was really awkward for ages. Still getting twinges but nearly there now.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Elastic laces! :laugh: I sprained my wrist really badly falling on ice end of January and it was my right hand so was really awkward for ages. Still getting twinges but nearly there now.
Oh man!
Let's make an effort to stay in one piece for the foreseeable :laugh: :smooch:

Top Bottom