Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
I only sprinted with permission or where gravity took my heavy bum downhill faster than others :smile: and Dave will attest I also done my turn shepherding and getting messages from back to front. Missing it already :sad:

Indeed, good work mate. There were plenty of times you relayed to the front that the tail end was dropping back. One of the groups had walkie talkies; wish I'd thought of that - I'm sure I have a couple kicking around here somewhere.

Going to give the sportive tomorrow a miss as I don't fancy such an early start.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Indeed, good work mate. There were plenty of times you relayed to the front that the tail end was dropping back. One of the groups had walkie talkies; wish I'd thought of that - I'm sure I have a couple kicking around here somewhere.

Going to give the sportive tomorrow a miss as I don't fancy such an early start.

Shame about missing the sportive :sad:. This talk of walkie-talkies ... are you already thinking of doing it again next year? :whistle:;)
We'd need a new route, to keep the adventure fresh (best not to discuss on here then, where everybody can see it, especially after @Louch's advertising of CC Ecosse last night :secret: :tongue:)

I'm amazingly quite awake again, but haven't been sure what time of day it was for most of today :rolleyes:, a bit more obvious now that it's getting darker outside, but around 10 AM I remember thinking it was mid/late afternoon already, as so much had happened already today ...
Should probably head for bed soon though, to re-calibrate for going back to work on Monday :headshake:.

T

edindave

Über Member
No big deal missing the sportive. I've done plenty of miles this week already so will probably just go for a shorter solo outing at some point tomorrow. :smile:
Heh heh :tongue: I was thinking walkie talkies would be useful on large social group rides in general, especially if there is a split in the group for mechanicals, but yes I'd be interested in next year's ride.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I did , was just making it clear for those that missed out that I was on best behaviour. We Deffo had the best group :smile:

How do you know that, you didn't ride with the others :unsure:... All four groups were doing great, as far as I could tell, some had more mixed abilities than others, which is a challenge for the leaders. I should clarify that by 'abilities' I mean recent miles under their belts, I've been told that some of the riders were AT LEAST doubling their highest mileage ever, AND riding at night, which is more tiring, too... Chappeau to them, it's relatively 'easy' if you are used to the mileage :thumbsup:.
But there isn't really any way to put together even groups at the start, apart from maybe a proper fast group that is sent on an extra loop, and an extra rest stop on a shorter loop for those with less miles in their legs in the run-up... which would be extra logistics :stop:for the poor person in charge of it all...
Thanks for the offers of help for 2015!:hugs:

Anybody up for the Arthur's Seat hill climb this morning? It started at 9am, and you can just turn up and sign in. Not sure what the latest starting slot is ...the programme says until 2pm.

T

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Just take a compliment on a job well done @Telemark ! you did great doing all that admin and then leading a massive group in the dark. Could see you looking tired near the end, but you still looked after everyone and had to be forced to sit down at mimis.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
after todays ride, im now on same mileage as I was at 31st of august last year. with much more climbing done. PB'd all the segments up dunning, even with having to stop as my chain came off, and descended with much more confidence than usually. had to break it to a guy who is borrowing my bike rack that I just beat his N-S time, and try and not look smug :smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Nice to see you again, chatted to @Col5632 saw @Rasmus walking past and chatted to @HJ on his trike-thingy as we walked back to the car! Fantastic night, even Mrs Fubar enjoyed herself :smile:
Trike? I don't do trikes (well not yet, I will get round to it one day), I was on the flying bathtub that day...

Having said I don't do trikes, I have now tried a trike as part of the Edinburgh Festival of Cycling and rather enjoyed it...

Oh and that is the flying bathtub in the background by the way...

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Exceedingly jealous of you all after my plans to take part were stymied a wee while back. Still, I enjoyed listening to Magnatom on Friday evening before i had to go & pick up my daughter for the night - even though he used that photo of a number of us CC'ers at the end of our first Pedal for Scotland!

Hopefully @Telemark and @HJ will give me very advanced warning of the dates for next year's night ride so I can get it booked in my ex's diary well in advance and avoid a repeat of this year's fiasco!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
@ShooglyDougie ad I are going to do a daytime run of the edfoc night route saturday at 10am starting at waverley. anyone who wants to join us is welcome to come along. just PM/ facebook/ text to let me know.

Have fun! :thumbsup:
Just beware that some of the route is rather less nice during nice sunny weekends, when everybody takes their 4-wheeler out to the coast ...
especially the roads between North Berwick & Musselburgh gets rather busy ... there are a few slight diversions that are rather more fun than being overtaken at a whisker's distance, in the face of a bend they can't possibly see around, and not MUCH ;) further in terms of distance ...

T

Top Bottom