Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
The HPC is the best sportive I've ever done. Great route, really phenomenal support team and a very worthy cause. If I wasn't so unfit I'd be all over it.
I'm looking at the 50 and hoping it's not too strenuous

I'm looking at the 50 and hoping it's not too strenuous
With favourable weather the run into Dunkeld by the river is marvellous.

Can't comment on anything after that as I've only done the 100, I thought that the routes came back together at Blairgowrie but apparently not. At least you won't have the sting in the tail that is Collace Hill.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Just signed up, plenty of places apparently

Och I'm going to have to buy a polystyrene hat to take part in that run. Boo :cursing:

PFS became a victim of it's own success. Last time I did it was a few years ago and was my fourth time. The start was a slow moving queue, and the first few miles was a bit testing on my (admittedly lacking) patience. Then there were the narrow coned off sections which were a shambles, particularly near the Edinburgh end with loads of selfish eejits trying to cycle back to the west against the flow! Also, the return bus journey was a bit shambolic and one year I sat in an old double decker, very wet and very cold, for an agonising 2 hours.... Suffice to say, I won't be going this year, but my fiancee's daughter wants to do it (having taken up cycling a few weeks ago) so I am under pressure to join her. I might have to grin and bear it for a day, for the sake of domestic bliss......

A much better option is the Round Strathaven 50 miler, on Sunday 18th August, for which I have signed up. Weather depending, as always.... ;)

I've signed up for the RS50. Missed it the last 3 years. Hope the cake stops are as good as I remember

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Can't imagine the peloton would be too happy about being told "no stopping, no shopping!" in the feed zones...
The way you wrote it sounds like I said that to someone ... for the record, it's me that was ordered (in no uncertain terms!) "no stopping, no shopping" by our intrepid leader, sadly now retired from leading. :biggrin:
Ah, I was ordered too: "No stopping for pictures!!!!!" :whistle:
Great times! :laugh:

The way you wrote it sounds like I said that to someone ... for the record, it's me that was ordered (in no uncertain terms!) "no stopping, no shopping" by our intrepid leader, sadly now retired from leading. :biggrin:
Ah, I was ordered too: "No stopping for pictures!!!!!" :whistle:
Great times! :laugh:
Yeah I got confused about who said what :whistle: Maybe @Fubar could you be your directeur sportif?

Top Bottom