Irreverent Daily Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I love this time on a Saturday, nothing to do, just relaxing at home. Mrs j has cooked a Thai red curry for later. A few whiskies for me, bit of telly, bit of CycleChat. Just got off the phone to a mate, thats tomorrow mornings bike ride organized (better not have TOO many whiskies)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I love this time on a Saturday, nothing to do, just relaxing at home. Mrs j has cooked a Thai red curry for later. A few whiskies for me, bit of telly, bit of CycleChat. Just got off the phone to a mate, thats tomorrow mornings bike ride organized (better not have TOO many whiskies)

Talking of bike rides. How's the Ti riding?

jayonabike

Talking of bike rides. How's the Ti riding?
I love it, such a smooth ride, it glides along the road yet still light and responsive. I've been spoilt with the cervelo but for a bike for just under half the price of the R5 I am mightily impressed with it.

I came in hear to get away from threads that were making me hungry ;)

jayonabike

I'm hoping to bling mine up a bit in the new year, Ti seatpost, stem, seat collar. I've changed the saddle since I got it, put a Brooks B17 narrow on it, I found the Fizik Arione uncomfortable, which is strange as I have a Fizik Arione CX on the Cervelo and thats fine (maybe the padding is different on the CX)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm hoping to bling mine up a bit in the new year, Ti seatpost, stem, seat collar. I've changed the saddle since I got it, put a Brooks B17 narrow on it, I found the Fizik Arione uncomfortable, which is strange as I have a Fizik Arione CX on the Cervelo and thats fine (maybe the padding is different on the CX)

Ti seatpost, stem, seat collar, QR levers, Ti nuts & blots, Bottle Cagesx2, Jockey Wheels :whistle::thumbsup:

I have found the VN saddle to be surprisingly comfortable so no need to change it.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Nice list! If you do Antarctica you can get Punta Arenas, Patagonia and Torres del Paine before or after.

True, but I will then have to take two years holiday in advance.. :sad: (impossible task in my workplace..)

Funny isn't it, the more you travel the more you find new places to want to go!

I know!! What I find extremely annoying is discovering how many places I missed seeing in my trips due to ignorance or lack of time.. :ninja:
I have a philosophical question for you: Do you think that people that travel a lot end up suffering from the Itchy Bum Syndrome, or the people that suffer from the Itchy Bum Syndrom end up traveling a lot? :scratch:

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
You are probably not aware of this but members of the Tea? thread will talk to anyone....you'd be more than welcome. You don't need to like tea, just buns, cakes and biscuits plus the odd bacon sandwich (but not all together, unless you are Potsy)

I guess you're right. However a thread that numbers +1400 pages and has so obvious established relationships is somewhat off putting.. Especially for new members!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I guess you're right. However a thread that numbers +1400 pages and has so obvious established relationships is somewhat off putting.. Especially for new members!

I see your point, but will say that the strange, odd and down right weird (that's just Potsy for starters) people who inhabit the tea thread are probably some of the most friendliest and welcoming members of all on Cycle Chat.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
OK, nobody has been drinking coffee for a while ? I don't believe it.
Need some to go with my Fudgepacker Brownie from Konditor and Cook.
There are Boston and Curlie-Whirlie Brownies should anyone want one.

You will be happily surprised to find that we brought some Arabica from Monmouth especially for you! :cuppa: Can I have a brownie now? :hungry:

hoopdriver

Guru
True, but I will then have to take two years holiday in advance.. :sad: (impossible task in my workplace..)

I know!! What I find extremely annoying is discovering how many places I missed seeing in my trips due to ignorance or lack of time.. :ninja:
I have a philosophical question for you: Do you think that people that travel a lot end up suffering from the Itchy Bum Syndrome, or the people that suffer from the Itchy Bum Syndrom end up traveling a lot? :scratch:
Sounds like you need to get back into the line of work that takes you to these places - on somebody else's time and money.

On the syndromes, I think it is both. I grew up wanting to travel everywhere and see the world and was very fixated about it - but as the years go by and the more I see the more I become aware of what there is to see, and coscious of all the places I've missed. Like you I very often find that I have missed places that I could so easily have visited on earlier trips, had I known they were there and interesting and that I would have wanted to see them. Or yes, just foolishly decided not to spend the extra time or money it would have taken to do these things. It would have been so easy.

Top Bottom