Irritating clicking on new Planet X Pro Carbon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

That's not really an issue as I wash my bikes lots more than most. Washing up liquid just strips the frame of wax build up,so crap sticks. Mr Sheen is great for cleaning bikes. Original is the one. Builds up a coating of silicone, so washing is easy.

There is a reason behind my madness you know...

Also, fast bikes are clean.

Not tried Mr Sheen yet but if it means less washing then I am in !:thumbsup:

I know when my bike needs cleaned when there is 10mm of cack on the jockey wheels which looks like rubber rings :stop:

OP
OP
Boopop

Boopop

Guru
try greasing your seatpost.

What would my seatpost have to do with it if it happens when I'm standing up? Hmm...

EDIT: Oh and Eddy - cleaning jocky wheels is grim! I remember removing them in the winter this year for my Triban 3, cleaning them so they looked new. Next day it rains and by the time I get home again they don't look any different to before I cleaned them! Pfft :sad:

huttster

I thought that it could only be from cranks or bb when I had the same problem as only happened when pressure on pedals,after days of greasing/loosening/tightening turns out it was a thick flake of paint in the bearings on the headset:thumbsup:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
That's a cluck not a click, Andrew.

I thought it was going to be another sci-fi discussion.

OP
OP
Boopop

Boopop

Guru
Torque wrench I bought - it's range starts at 20NM. D'oh! That's another day I have to wait for a more appropriate one to come :sad:

Cold

I had a problem with a clicking noise couldn't workout where it came from until my Dad told me to put a bit of lube on the spoke nipples and it stopped the clicking noise.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
My head tube creaks a little bit, even though everything was replaced a few months ago. I thought it was the BB "AGAIN". I know how annoying it is to pin down these annoying noises.

pclay

Veteran
What would my seatpost have to do with it if it happens when I'm standing up? Hmm...

On my old hybrid, I had constant clicking. I took off and re greased the pedal threads. I took of the front chainset and even took out the bottom bracket and re-greased everything. No joy. I was adamant that the clicking was coming from the bottom bracket area.

I eventually took out the seat post, applied some Lithium grease and copper anti seize, and the clicking went away instantly.

Top Bottom