1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irvine Welsh on Rage

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Disgruntled Goat, 21 May 2008.

1. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

2. NickM

NickM Über Member

I enjoyed that, DG - I must read one of his books. I've always had a secret liking for Begbie.

I had a minor incident on Monday evening. Some bloke at the bus stop I was waiting at lit up, and I wrinkled my nose, as I cannot help doing. He launched into a tirade about his entitlement to suck on his cancer stick, and then put his earphones back in. He was bigger than me (most are), and seemed a bit drunk (he had a can in his hand). He continued to look at me in a "challenging" way. I assessed him as soft; and he didn't know, because I carry it better than he did, that I'd had a few beers too. So I mouthed "********er" at him; and when he didn't respond, said with what I hope was obvious contempt "No, I didn't think so...". Then, with perfect timing, the bus arrived. I got on it; he didn't.

It gave some satisfaction, but this sort of thing is going to get me in trouble one day...

3. yello

yello Guru

maybe he thought you were asking!