Is 52 too old to start?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Re-started at 71 (2 yrs aga). Still slow and hills present a challenge. What the heck though, as long as it is enjoyable and gets me out of the house on a bi-daily basis.

Keep up the good work sir! Hills started posing a challenge for me in my 40's ... mind you it is a bit lumpy to the west of me ^_^
1663330982506.png

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Wonder what he's doing now at 62?

Possibly asking advise from only the ‘gentlemen’. The reason I didn’t reply then as I felt unqualified as I don’t have the requisite plumbing.

Alex321

Veteran
I always wince a little when I see questions addressed to "guys" or "chaps".

A lot of the people I know will use "guys" as a gender-neutral term nowadays. I've heard women I know say "come on guys" to a mainly female group.

I think it is one of those words whose meaning is gradually changing.

But the OP here did use "gentlemen" (11 years ago), which has only one meaning.

It is a bit lumpy round Burnley too!

Went up this one a few weeks back, tops out at 19.5% ... felt like death warmed up at the summit :laugh:

1663342495507.png

TK421

Casual Extremist
I read this and I did notice the start date but I am thinking that there is a lot of good information and positive advice which has encouraged me to ignore the long list of minor health problems I have and carry on.

wooster

Possibly asking advise from only the ‘gentlemen’. The reason I didn’t reply then as I felt unqualified as I don’t have the requisite plumbing.

Maybe he knew men tend to complain a lot more and so were more likely to identify with his fears than women ;)

BTW, gentlemen might be pretty pleased about their plumbing while young but take it from me it's nothing but trouble as you get older :laugh::tongue:

Top Bottom