Is a 30 min walk a short one?

• Yes

Votes: 54 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Blimey can’t imagine walking for that long

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
I'd consider it a walk, but not a short one. Just a reasonable walk.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have voted Yes, but I do walk for more than that everyday.
If a person only walks for a few minutes now and then then it would be a long one.

Need an hour for a decent daily walk. People who don’t walk anywhere are contributing to the increase in obesity as well as global warming. One of our neighbours takes the children to school by car. It’s a ten minute walk. She’s not slim…

I’ll get my tin hat

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Depends on the provision on pavements/sidewalks and the weather.
The US is often very hot or very cold. Plus sidewalks are not regular. The country is set up for motor vehicles.
I expect most people in the UK would be unlikely to walk 15 mins each way to the shops. But would go longer on a recreational walk

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It depends...

is it a leisure walk in the hills? then yes, it's very short.
is it a walk to the shop or work? then no, that's a long walk and I'd get the bike out.

as for the 'article' linked in the OP... two sentences???? :eek: (or do i need to register to read more?)

Last edited:

icowden

Veteran
Need an hour for a decent daily walk. People who don’t walk anywhere are contributing to the increase in obesity as well as global warming. One of our neighbours takes the children to school by car. It’s a ten minute walk. She’s not slim…

How old are the children? If you have every tried to get children to go anywhere on time, you will realise that it's quite hard. If secondary age they usually require a bag with several tonnes of books, PE kit, musical instruments etc etc. At primary they should just be able to scoot or cycle, but they tend to be reluctant when it is cold or wet for example.

Another factor is where you go afterwards. If you are driving to your job and dropping the kids en route for example. We all know that public transport tends to be terrible in a lot of places. Plus if you have got the kids to school on bikes and scooters, does the school have provision to keep those bikes and scooters safe. Some do, but many don't.

Or she could just be lazy... I think that it's best to avoid snap judgements though.

icowden

Veteran
as for the 'article' linked in the OP... two sentences???? :eek: (or do i need to register to read more?)

You can tell it that you want to register later and it will then expand to tell you about how the journalist was asked for a piece to fill up the paper / website and went onto quora to find something vaguely interesting to turn into an article.^_^

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
You can tell it that you want to register later and it will then expand to tell you about how the journalist was asked for a piece to fill up the paper / website and went onto quora to find something vaguely interesting to turn into an article.^_^
The current state of journalism does seem to be regurgitating debates from reddit or mumsnet and somehow making it newsworthy.

Top Bottom