Is a bicycle a "road vehicle"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

Ahh, it's another of those "gang up Linford" threads.

See you later.

Give them enough rope, and most would hang themselves with it. The usual suspects turn into a lynch mob here though.
They just can't see that whilst they take great pleasure ganging together to mock me, that others are actually judging them by their actions..if it were a beauty contest, they'd not be whowingtheir best side.

Linford

So this hilly or flat, woodland or 4x4 'course' thats owned by the crown or a farmer, is theirs (or not) to do what they want with?

Confused? Remind me not to put the 4x4 Owners Club in charge of rural planning .

Your link was just to Google maps.

Try this http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=savernake forest&hl=en&ll=51.372879,-1.700649&spn=0.008385,0.018625&t=h&z=15

It is called Apshill copse, wooton rivers

Linford

The Linf MO....

a) Say something delibrately provocative and factually wrong
b) Counter any facts with a personal anecdote and / or something completely unrelated
c) Counter any provocation with a personal reference and / or an accusation of bullying
d) Claim Matrydom and repeat.

Any Im supposed to be your mate!!! :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with anecdotes smeggers - shows you live in the real world, and not some place which can only exist if it has been previously peer reviewed ;)

Anyway, would appreciate if you could show me how this is relevant to this thread

Linford

[QUOTE 2024093, member: 45"]I've crossed out the irrelevance. It won't work with pointless 4x4s any more than it won't work with smelly horses.

To the remaining words...

A bicycle is a mode of transport. It's unique, has many uses for many reasons. It should not be seen purely as a road vehicle and restricted to the road. As I've elaborated on before and as you've read before.

"What you read" is incorrect, and intentionally so.[/quote]

You could say any of this of a MX bike or a 4x4 or a Horse and carriage,.However, unless they are being used on private land, have to be used in accordance with the law.

I'm trying to help you see that you can't just ignore the laws which you don't like. They are there for a reason and far outdate your or my time alive.

Davidc

Guru
Does a horse drawn trap count as a chariot as we have one of them ^_^

Only if it has lethal sharpened spikes sticking out sideways...

Chariot.jpg

Linford

[QUOTE 2024131, member: 45"]Irrelevance deleted.

Read one of my posts yesterday which covered the remaining point.[/quote]

We had a very similar disagreement over speeding with you being quite adamant that there is no excuse for exceeding the limit under any circumstance - and then you went on to admit that you did actually deliberately exceed the posted limit by a few mph on the motorway, which you accepted was wrong after I clarified your misunderstanding of the way which speedo's are calibrated for UK law.
Now I'm not interested in making a big deal of that as you are not alone, but it is another instance of where you deliberately break the law, so your judgment and scruples regarding the laws of the land is demonstrably wanting.

You have to accept that if the law is on the statute books and you break it, you are doing wrong, and if caught shouldn't bleat about the punishment handed down, or claim that they are just 'wrong' as you are doing with me now.
It is one thing to break the law and accept the punishment, but another thing entirely to also break it and then stick two fingers up the the system as you blatantly appear to do with pavement cycling.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
We had a very similar disagreement over speeding with you being quite adamant that there is no excuse for exceeding the limit under any circumstance - and then you went on to admit that you did actually deliberately exceed the posted limit by a few mph on the motorway, which you accepted was wrong after I clarified your misunderstanding of the way which speedo's are calibrated for UK law.
Now I'm not interested in making a big deal of that as you are not alone, but it is another instance of where you deliberately break the law, so your judgment and scruples regarding the laws of the land is demonstrably wanting.

You have to accept that if the law is on the statute books and you break it, you are doing wrong, and if caught shouldn't bleat about the punishment handed down, or claim that they are just 'wrong' as you are doing with me now.
It is one thing to break the law and accept the punishment, but another thing entirely to also break it and then stick two fingers up the the system as you blatantly appear to do with pavement cycling.

Are you trying to wear out Mr P's strikethrough button?

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Right, I know we went down this way before, people getting on their high horse & all, but can I point something out.
If the wood is being used as an off-road course then there are two possible reasons why it remains woodland.
1.The farmer is claiming under "set aside" rules. Effectively paid for using the land for something other than farming.
2. Said woodland may not be allowed to be cleared.

Either way, what does it have to do with the question asked at the start?

Linford

Right, I know we went down this way before, people getting on their high horse & all, but can I point something out.
If the wood is being used as an off-road course then there are two possible reasons why it remains woodland.
1.The farmer is claiming under "set aside" rules. Effectively paid for using the land for something other than farming.
2. Said woodland may not be allowed to be cleared.

Either way, what does it have to do with the question asked at the start?

Your answer is in the thread above ....

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
OK - time to call 'Time'.

You've reduced this thread into a petty playground name-call/argument. I am fed up with trying to sort out and Delete the irrelevant, the offensive and the trolling.

Thread locked.

Many of you need to look carefully at what and how you have been posting. Your manner and 'style' can easily be seen as aggressive, bullying and trolling.

Please do not repeat this in other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom