Is a bicycle a "road vehicle"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

2021994 said:
Why thank you but will that give it magic protection?

Just argue the point if you want a peeing contest. I've got broad shoulders. I need them to carry you, Claudine, MrP etc

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Walking down Wakefield Road, Bradford, last week with a POB coming up towards me on the path. As we passed each other I said to him that he should be on the road, not the footpath. Because a bicycle is a "road vehicle". He disagreed. It wasn't a shared cycle path he was simply taking the easy way.

So, is a bicycle a "road vehicle" or not.

A vehicle is defined as: a. A device or structure for transporting persons or things; which is exactly what bicycles do, so were good on the vehicle part

And the highway code (and the law) says:
You MUST NOT cycle on a pavement.
[Laws HA 1835 sect 72 & R(S)A 1984, sect 129]

So I guess yes, that makes it a road vehicle.

But you can use it some paths - go figure.

2022040 said:
Linf you blithering idiot, if you read back over what remains here, you could see that I agree with your fundamental point, that cyclists do not belong on the road.

Which makes both of you wrong. The road is exactly where we should be.

2022053 said:
You appear to have quoted me too quickly. Or to put that another way, I was wondering who would be first to spot that deliberate mistake.

It is good to see that at least 3 of us agree on this now the post has been corrected.

Just argue the point if you want a peeing contest. I've got broad shoulders. I need them to carry you, Claudine, MrP etc

What is the benefit of broad shoulders in a peeing competition?

As to the OP, today my bicycle is a ridden vehicle; yesterday it was a rode vehicle. That is the answer you are looking for.

That might only be funny in the Marches where we do not speak good English. In fact it might not even be funny here.

I'd still appreciate an answer about the shoulders and the peeing.

What is the benefit of broad shoulders in a peeing competition?

It reduces the number of people that can line up at the wall, thereby increasing your chances.

A horse is a machine for changing grass into obnoxious waste.

Then it will kick you or bite you.

A few cyclists perform the same function.

Both should be banned from the pavements

Reactions: gaz

Linford

2022670 said:
Try not to be quite so needy.

I generally have to wring consensus out of the regulars here. It is nice to hear it as a few just argue for the sake it when I post anything.

So you agree with me then ?
Not neccesarily - both could be trained, and wear nappies:

sml_horse.gif

baby_set.jpg

D

Deleted member 20519

Definition of vehicle: A thing used for transporting people or goods

Do we ride these vehicles on the road? Yes.

That makes them road vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom