Is a bicycle a "road vehicle"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ohnovino

Large Member
It's not just bikes that use the pavement illegally. By law, an occupied pram also counts as a carriage and therefore should be on the road rather than the pavement.

:popcorn:

Linford

[QUOTE 2021667, member: 45"]Ah, so you know what my case is already then. What a waste of 4 posts.[/quote]

I think it a shame you are so blatant about wanting to break the law on your bike, but so quick to pull others up on other vehicular offences.

Davidc

Guru
Not quite correct on the cars, and all victims of uninsured drivers have an entitlement to make a claim through the Motorists Insurance Bureaux - which all motorists driving legally are obliged to pay into through their premiums.

My comment about the cars is 100% correct thank you. That there is an arrangement for mitigating the effects is 100% irrelevant to it.

Possibly referring to the Boateng letter to a fellow MP.

I don't know if any guidence was issued to all police forces from the then Home Secretary or if the letter carries any weight over 10 years after being written.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
This threasd is about non motorised road users wanting to claim the space reserved for non road users as their legal right. I think it should encompass the two modes as they are given their own ROWs away from the roads.

Argue for access for one, then why not argue for access for both ? - Otherwise it appears a selfish demand.
The question asked in the opening post of this thread was is a bicycle a road vehichle. Nowt else.

I gave my reason for asking the question, but don't recall saying it was putting one form of transport before another. The POB met on the day, didn't believe that a bicycle was a road vehicle, so I asked the question here.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
<dons Mod's hat>

You should have observed that I have deleted many of the posts in this thread for being irrelevant, bullying, trolling, stalking - you name it, you've probably been doing it.

Please stop now.

This is not P & L, so do not bring P & L attitudes into the Cafe.

That is all.

Linford

The question asked in the opening post of this thread was is a bicycle a road vehichle. Nowt else.

I gave my reason for asking the question, but don't recall saying it was putting one form of transport before another. The POB met on the day, didn't believe that a bicycle was a road vehicle, so I asked the question here.

You actuallly said:-

As we passed each other I said to him that he should be on the road, not the footpath. Because a bicycle is a "road vehicle".

You made the assertion to the POB that he had no place on the pavement. I extenced that in my opening post to MrP if he would be happy for other vulnerable users to share that same space which he currently uses illegally with impunity.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
<dons Mod's hat>

You should have observed that I have deleted many of the posts in this thread for being irrelevant, bullying, trolling, stalking - you name it, you've probably been doing it.

Please stop now.

This is not P & L, so do not bring P & L attitudes into the Cafe.

That is all.

Shouldn't this thread be in "General Cycling Discussions"?

Linford

[QUOTE 2021780, member: 45"]Linfy, the link has been quoted many times on here, including threads that you've read. Use the search facility.

Oh, and from your link...

But another commenter wrote: "I am police cyclist in Wales and unless someone is absolute dangerous or in a busy shopping centre would never ticket for riding on the pavement .[/quote]

I'm sorry but it is for the police to enforce the laws as written. Not doing so is a dereliction of duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom