Is an inner tube an inner tube?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wasn't very clear but as above I meant the front tyre but not the same tyre on as I've tried with both my Michelin tyres and my Specialized with the only common thing being the pack of tubes. I've inspected both tyres for cuts and holes but they seem fine. When I can afford it I may try a different tyre and save the Michelin's for summer but will see.

But the same wheel? Check your rim tape or any sharp protusions/ metal scoring from using tyre levers.

A couple of images to give you an idea of the quality

Goes away to think of a ribbed rubber joke.......

U

User6179

They look like the ones I bought fae Halfords once, fine till u get a puncture and then a nightmare to put a patch on with all those seams!

Alexvs

Did you roughen with the sandpaper and clean the area to be patched?
You also need to press down hard on the patch for a good minute and do not inflate the tube outside of the tyre.

I have used Park Tools patches for years with no problems or failures.
It's just a case of making sure you apply them correctly the first time.
Yeah I use the sandpaper each time but that's it. Will make sure it's definitely clean first and see if that helps.

I was pressing it down until it looked sealed as such and only inflating slightly to check for leakages but will refrain in future. I've now got a number of tubes to repair so will practice and see if I can get better lol.
But the same wheel? Check your rim tape or any sharp protusions/ metal scoring from using tyre levers.
Yeah same wheel, will strip it and check the tape and so on before my ride tomorrow. Thanks.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yeah I use the sandpaper each time but that's it. Will make sure it's definitely clean first and see if that helps.

I was pressing it down until it looked sealed as such and only inflating slightly to check for leakages but will refrain in future. I've now got a number of tubes to repair so will practice and see if I can get better lol.

Yeah same wheel, will strip it and check the tape and so on before my ride tomorrow. Thanks.

This splits the patch glue - that's your problem.
Just fold the tube up once patched if not putting back in the tyre.

Top Bottom