Is anyone else looking out of the window at snow on the ground?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
What next - Is anyone finding it a tad chillier than it was in July?
Not at all, but my electric meter is whirring now and I'm wearing a lot more clothes.

Slioch

Guru
After several weeks of "boil in the bag" unseasonably high temperatures, today's 40 miles around the lanes of N Yorks in a temperature of 2C was a bit of a shock.
First thing I did when I got home was to order a new pair of merino socks off Wiggle.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
No great surprise that there's snow in Glossop

Managed to get a ride in this afternoon. Over 1000ft up there was still snow in the middle of the roads so had to take it a bit easy. Bit chilly but the positive on this is it keeps the weak-willed cyclists indoors and out of my way

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
We had a mini snow storm last night (Friday), there was ice allover this early am, had to forgo the paths and the park, keeping on the main roads, but there still were icy bits :ph34r: ... ice bike is currently dismantled in the spare room, need to get down to work on it on my next day off.
Fortunately it was much milder today, usual drizzle on the commute home.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
A few inches snow and ice now, may get down to 16F overnight.
Good Times.
This is just Autumn.

blackgoff

For some strange geographical quirk we get very little snow in Warrington.
2 years ago, by another quirk, we actually got the most/deepest snow in the entire country (for that spell) but generally it's a rarity.

Which is something for Warrington given its about 30ft above sea level..

One of my fave places and Decathlon

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm at about 800+ feet, but the snow seems to always go a bit north or south of me. Lots more snow in the northern part of Illinois, and Chicago. Yet the trains still seem to be running, so it can't be too much snow over by there, or they'd be waiting on the snowplow. In the late 1970's, we had so much snow all the railroads needed to call in their rotary snowplows.

Top Bottom