Is anyone else struggling to get out on the bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I want to be MikeG. It would be great to just make decisions on the fly.

Dave

MikeG

Guru
It doesn't often work that way, Dave. My diary often dictates when I can flit off, and the repercussions are that some client or other will be on my case asking where his drawings are.

Luckily, this week I have very little pressure. Next week a mega job goes into overdrive, and it then won't matter what the weather looks like.

Mike

Adam1965

Did 30k on Saturday, It was really pleasant although a bit breezy, hoping to get out this Friday however the weather forecast suggests snow in the Northwest, see what happens

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have been struggling a bit too. I also hate the wear and tear on the bikes with constant wet and mucky roads. The old mountain bike I bought from ebay to use in bad conditions isn't running well at all and would cost a fair bit to upgrade so I have just pressed buy on one of these reasonably cheap and cheerful bikes. It will be quite weighty but I am not bothered. Full mudguards and just a single chainring so should be easier to maintain and keep running sweetly.

http://www.sunsetmtb.co.uk/shop/index.php?product_id=2666&category_id=74

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It doesn't often work that way, Dave. My diary often dictates when I can flit off, and the repercussions are that some client or other will be on my case asking where his drawings are.

Luckily, this week I have very little pressure. Next week a mega job goes into overdrive, and it then won't matter what the weather looks like.

Mike

I'm semi-retired and nowadays have a little lifestyle business to top-up my early pension.

So I have some commitments there, plus I hike & climb in the local Fells quite a bit, plus I love footy (more specifically I love Chelsea and like the rest) and I therefore get numerous nice weather conflicts such as:

This morning it drizzled on & off and stopped at 1pm, and the roads started drying out, which was roughly the time I had committed to Mrs SD to help with the big weekly shop (I'm too scared/too wise to attempt any backtracking on such matters!) and then we had 3pm kick-off (we won) and by the end of the game the daylight time was non-existent really and I had downed a cider and no way am I riding with alcohol inside of me.

I get lots of these little dilemmas when there are good weather windows!

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I'm actually loving this year so far, only managing weekend cycles, but seeing the wind as a challenge than a reason not to cycle.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Another week off the bike for me :sad:
Just got over a viral infection then the whole family had a sickness / trot thing , all i am saying is 11 hours of 15 minute deposits ....
Saw the doc who reckons my immune system is basically toast still from before so i have just taken the week off the bike and i feel pretty reasonable for the 1st time in over a month although people are sayign i look like i have lost weight and i have lost about half a stone in the last 6 weeks without cycling much at all.

Top Bottom