Is anyone else struggling to get out on the bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
I was making some great progress and doing 20-mile plus for my last 3 rides. I was loving it and started feeling the benefits in fitness, so from a fat old lad hurting after covering 8 then 10 then 14 miles etc, I break through the 20 mile barrier and then the weather kicks in. I really feel for the people who have been flooded etc, but I'm also getting seriously jarred off because its either ice, wind, rain, rain and wind, rain and wind and some ice ...... Not been out for a fortnight now and by the looks of it I may not get out again this coming weekend, unless I can find some spare sand bags to keep me on the road

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes - I don't like the grotty weather either!

I was going to go out on my bike this afternoon but the strong, bitter winds put me off. I have a gym bike in my spare room, so I am about to go and do a session on that instead.

Why not treat yourself to a turbo trainer so you can stick your bike on that and train in comfort when the weather is bad?

ScotiaLass

Guru
I was making some great progress and doing 20-mile plus for my last 3 rides. I was loving it and started feeling the benefits in fitness, so from a fat old lad hurting after covering 8 then 10 then 14 miles etc, I break through the 20 mile barrier and then the weather kicks in. I really feel for the people who have been flooded etc, but I'm also getting seriously jarred off because its either ice, wind, rain, rain and wind, rain and wind and some ice ...... Not been out for a fortnight now and by the looks of it I may not get out again this coming weekend, unless I can find some spare sand bags to keep me on the road

Yeah, I'm the same.
I had just managed my first 15 miles and was hoping to build on that and be at the 20 miles point for Easter.
Due to the weather I just haven't been getting out.

I've managed 140 miles so far this month, not easy sunny, windless miles but 99% dry but windy hard ones. I have ridden through 5" of flooding today which was fun :smile:

Mind you I live on the edge of the Chilterns in Buckinghamshire where it maybe warmer that Cheshire which I believe is 'up north'.

So 'man up', wrap up warm and get out on your bike.

ps I'm a fat (100Kg) old (61) lad as well, but because of getting out and doing it I'm less fat and fitter than I've been for years, both my Doc and my Diabetic Nurse say I'm putting years on my life so it's worth the pain :thumbsup:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I will admit to wimping out on Sunday, but as well as the strong winds we had my mum staying so I decided to be the model son.
I am lucky where I live. My local loop(s) start out into the wind. I have a 7,11, 15, 20 and 30 mile option.
I can cut it short and go home , or extend when I like...... Guilt free!

Piemanpaul

Regular
Managed 20 miles yesterday, thought I would get back in before it rained, I was wrong but still enjoyed it. That's 3 rides in 5 days. Proper lucky f***er or what!!!

L14M

Über Member
Not easy I know but remember even 3 miles is better than no miles.
This has been my mentality, as such i've got 190 in already!!

potsy

Rambler
Struggling here too, mixture of the weather, lack of enthusiasm and not having a commute to go to.
January did over 450 miles, so far in February only managed 36 :blush:

RedRider

Pulling through
Sunday gone is the only day this year I haven't been out on a bike. I just didn't feel like leaving the house, the weather wasn't that bad or anything. I did think I should maybe go out, even for ten minutes to keep the record going but I was in me pyjamas by the time I'd realised there was even a record to keep up.
Ah well, maybe next year!

Top Bottom