Is anyone else struggling to get out on the bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The thing is with commuting, you've got to do it. Given a choice, I wouldn't go out in the hissing rain, but as it's routine I do. Plus side is you can grab a few extra miles in if the weather eases, and at weekends if it's really horrible you don't feel guilty not going out. Hacked off this morning as missed out on an extra 10 miles today due to a puncture mishap. Long route home though, and there will be a 50 miler event on sunday.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Commuting by bike is the answer, then you have to get out. I am on about 500km already for February. :cycle:

This

The only bits of good weather I've had I've been working though but I've managed to get a few miles in here and there nothing big an no where near the mileage I want after my first hilly 30 miler at start of the year

yesterday was gorgeous in Cheshire... managed my commute over to my parents with no rain and only a headwind in both directions but some wonderful scenery and light (and rather a lot of debris, flooding and ice) but it was really nice weather. Tuesday wasn't too bad either after the rain had cleared in the morning, but yes it has been hard this month. Commitments help but shear b****y mindedness goes a long way towards it as well..

A touch of nice afternoon light yesterday....
DSC_0134_1000.JPG

I got out for 20 miles or so yesterday on my MTB. However thats only because I had to sign on. Although I left the house in hailstones, the journey wasnt too bad.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I sneaked a 28 mile ride in this morning into the Pennines before the storm was due to hit on a sort of workish premise :whistle:. Bit chilly, lots of headwind and more close passes than you could shake a stick at but it felt good to be out in the proper hills rather than the debris strewn Cheshire Lanes and it is always fun overtaking cars coming down the A6 towards Hazel Grove.:hyper:

Licramite

Über Member
Tooo Wet , cold and muddy - did all that when I was young, - Turbo only at present, itching to get out on the mountain bike but my bike carrying shoulder-holder is broken so theirs no point. - as that is what I would be doing.

also cars in the rain tend to go a bit homicidal.

Top Bottom