Is anyone else struggling to get out on the bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Well, looks like I'll be commuting tommorrow and taking the long way home, which gets me 21 miles for the day. Then next wednesday when I'm off looks OK too when I will be giving some new pedals and shoes a shakedown. :biggrin:

KateK

Try having builders in the house for 8 months: it's a great motivator. I did miss one ride this week because I couldn't face a 39 mile trip westwards into 20plus mph, but otherwise I've been getting out. Last Saturday was somewhat taxing as the crosswinds were unusually fierce and I had a 12 mile detour to avoid a flood. You can really feel you have achieved something if you just get out even for a short ride and you do get used to the wind. Personally I try to avoid actually leaving the house in the rain, I like to have dry feet for at least part of my ride. Respect due to commuters though.

Onthedrops

Veteran
I was making good progress. Commuting daily was building up my fitness nicely. I was losing weight, looking better, feeling fitter and feeling good about myself. Fast forward to today. Haven't left the house due to the attrocious weather, have put on weight and feeling sluggish and lethargic.
The bike is on the turbo in the garage but there is no motivation to go in there and get pedalling.

Really can't wait for the weather to change and bring us some good cycling weather. Cabin fever well and truly setting in!

400bhp

Guru
Need to start riding the hills, have some interesting cycling plans this year.:popcorn:

rovers1875

Veteran
My bike hasn't seen daylight since mid December, the weather and the fact I'm scared of the cold, wet and dark. I can usually face them one at a time, but being assaulted by all three. no way, the bike stays in the garage. Although to make sure I don't loose the progress I made last year I joined the gym at the beginning of Jan. That membership finishes on 16th March so by then I hope the weather will have picked up and we will be basking in glorious sunshine for the next 9 months and I can start to rack up some miles.

Jonbek

First ride on the road bike since about November, just did 20 miles through Stockport and into Manchester. I've been doing some short rides on the mtb to the gym and a few turbo sessions, but I'm so unfit was puffing and panting on very moderate inclines. Nice to get out though.

Top Bottom