Is Boonen going through

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
a slightly poor spell (by his standards) or is he just dropping down and past his peak. It seems that in the Eneco tour he's not up to his previous levels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
It can't have been easy with all the media coverage recently and missing the Tour, confidence a little low maybe. Does say that lead out train was off the mark for stage 3. On the plus side he won the mass sprint for Stage 1.
It will be interesting to see him up against Cav now that he has those Tour Stage wins under his belt.

Noodley

Keith Oates said:
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a few previously "great" riders now performing at what I now view as more realistic levels.

I reckon they "got away with it" and have learned a bit, there are also some others still trying to get away with cheating.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Noodley said:
Maybe he's just got back to his natural ability.

I must admit that he does not look quite as big as he has done previously. He seems to of lost a bit of weight/bulk.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Noodley said:
There are a few previously "great" riders now performing at what I now view as more realistic levels.

I reckon they "got away with it" and have learned a bit, there are also some others still trying to get away with cheating.

i would be interested in what riders you are referring to Noodley.

You are well entitled to have that opinion, but its a vast sweeping statement that could include nearly all the cyclists in the peleton. Have you any particular cyclists in mind?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I can think of more than a handful, but as I can't afford to be sued I will keep it to myself.

yenrod

Keith Oates said:
a slightly poor spell (by his standards) or is he just dropping down and past his peak. It seems that in the Eneco tour he's not up to his previous levels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, he's not on the gear no more is he: obviously im referring to his drive train :rolleyes:

mangaman

I don't think I'll be sued if I mention that Valverde and Cunego seem to have dipped in form over the last couple of years :biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
And we seem to have passed the era where a team of fairly average domestiques can ride at the front of a Grand Tour for three weeks at a pace preventing any attacks.

Not that there was anything suspicious about that, of course :biggrin:

Top Bottom