is Boris Johnson on glue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Jenny Jones heroically attempting to get some kind of sensible answer out of our 'mayor'. One wonders if the white lines down the centre of the road have him confused.......

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_BJ4eT9Bdc

'exceedances'. Tell me again, which school did this muppet go to?

The back-story is that London is going to have to pay three hundred million euros in fines if particulate levels round monitoring stations don't drop. Johnson is out and about gluing the particulates to the road, where they stay for a short while. Wouldn't it be cheaper to pay for filters on exhausts? Or even.......get rid of diesel taxis?

http://www.businessg...llution-streets 'Dastardly'. Now I remember who he reminds me of........(the dog that is)

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
WTF?

John Robertson goal for Forest.

Exceedances is a perfectly fine word too. Just coz Micro$oft Word dont gone go know it, dont mean it aint a real word, innit.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Not if you're talkimg about a probablity distribution. which, to be fair, Bozo probably isn't (I can't see the vid).

Herman Millar Aeron's eh? BJ makes it look uncomfortable to sit upon!
More crap on the roads... but I would rather Jenny Jones dealt with exhaust positioning on motorbikes and also got them OUT FOREVER of bus lanes, thanks Jenny. Ta.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
she would if she could, but motorbikes in bus lanes is Boris returning a political favour

albion

Guru
But London voted to support the car culture at the last mayoral election so if it is £300 million that is the price to be paid. Of course it won't be the full 300 but the scrapping of the western extension means it could be quite a whopper.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
But London voted to support the car culture at the last mayoral election so if it is £300 million that is the price to be paid. Of course it won't be the full 300 but the scrapping of the western extension means it could be quite a whopper.
it could be, and, as someone who will be paying it, I've no quarrel with the glue thing......but, as you say, scrapping the WEZ, putting the kibosh on new bus lanes, letting motorbikes in bus lanes, and prioritising the car at Vauxhall and Blackfriars is all bad news

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
"Exceedance" of an air pollution limit is the correct technical term I am afraid ...
He must have listened to SOMETHING he has been told!

T

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
Not wishing to further politicise this political post but as a Londoner who pays council tax I certainly refuse point blank to have so much as one penny of the money I pay going to EU for fines or otherwise.:angry:
Put simply everyone should refuse to pay any more of their tax money into the EU it is all highly corrupt and take take take.:ph34r:
Anyway what would they do if Britain had the backbone to refuse to pay their thefty fines. Stage a sit in in our high street banks. Invade us, look where it got them the last time.:gun: Mind you go onto any building site and you'd think we had been.
I'm thinking of starting a petition along these lines so I am.

Lurker

Hang on, the fine's a secondary issue. The main issue is that air quality in London is disgracefully and avoidably bad, and that as a result thousands of people in London every year are needlessly dying prematurely.

Top Bottom