Is Giant like Apple? Same price everywhere!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It depends how much of a good customer you are to begin with at the lbs. I call in mine Weekly for a chat and a coffee. The first question I am ALWAYS asked is "Have you come to buy a bike?" I have bought so many from them.

My Koga, Carbon, Di2 was reduced from £2100 to £1400. I have tried all over Europe to get the same bike for the same price for Jannie but there is no chance.

Getting a good rapport with your LBS pays dividends. If you help them, they will help you.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4154550, member: 45"]Your LBS does have to have an attitude that allows that. I've had some who do and some who don't. My current LBS is one of those who pours scorn on any bike/product that they don't stock. I don't like that as it's not the most honest way of selling.[/QUOTE]

You are right.

I would change my LBS if I were you.

I live in Denmark and get all my motorbike bits from a shop in Germany because my local motorbike shop provides awful service. If they dont provide the service, they dont deserve my custom. I have a 45 minute drive to Germany or a ten minute drive to the local motorbike shop. I make a morning of it in Germany.

I am lucky as I have 2 excellent local bike shops.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
[QUOTE 4154476, member: 45"]I doubt there's a huge mark up on any new bike.[/QUOTE]
There is, the guy from EBC said if I need anything ask him he can get it for vastly reduced price being staff and the mark up on goods!

Kajjal

Guru
As I understand it a bike shop can legally sell a branded bike at whatever price they like. However if they sell them at a price the manufacturer doesn't like, they may find problems when they try to order more stock.

This is exactly how it works, the prices are mainly rigged. This is not all bad as it means in the main service levels are maintained. The difference between halfords and a good local bike shop.

Top Bottom