Is it any wonder that we get angry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoopdriver

Guru
Alas motorists are not the only idiots on the roads. I was riding along a narrow country lane the other morning - a favourite with cyclists as there is seldom any motor traffic on it - and as I pootle around a bend I ride nearly head-on into three total tossers who were living out their Tour de France bunch sprint fantasies riding three abreast at very high speed on a lane that is barely a car-width wide. THere was nowhere for me to go but the hedge (or the hospital) and even then I clipped shoulders with one of these guys. They all powered on, one of them calling out a breezy "Sorry!" over his shoulder as they sped away...

OP
OP
nmfeb70

nmfeb70

I got angry last night as a driver decided to try and overtake with another car approaching, rather than wait the "person" decides it would be better to try and put me into the kerb , a few choice words were screamed in their general direction .....
A similar incident happened to me. Except there were parked cars on my left and an oncoming HGV, then a car driver on the school run coming up behind me thought she could squeeze through the gap and knocked me off.
She didn't stop, but the HGV driver stopped and held up the traffic to run over and see if I was OK. I stopped cycling for many years after that.

Top Bottom