is it just me??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sheldon Brown, the man who made the Raleigh Twenty cool, and he wasn’t even from the U.K.

1BD2ECD6-342C-4916-B2B7-D28B1CE6DE9D.gif

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Ahem... point of order, what makes you think a Raleigh twenty is a " ladies " bike
Real men ride 20s.....

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: @webber

Another vote for just riding what pleases you. Pashleys seem to be great bikes to me and the ones I've come across while out on rides have had a surprising turn of speed. There's more to them than a gentle turn around the park.:okay:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Nice :becool: not so sure about the 3 gear fixed hub though, I like to freewheel down hills on my Raleigh 'City' roadster.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
hi all first post so bear with me do we as cyclist (people) try to pigeon hole everything ive got a few bike always room for more (as long as we don't tell the wife lol)and I buy mine on what it is rather then who made it and ive got a pashley clubman 3 speed fixed hub that ive been riding a lot lately now when I bought it (30% off) I bought it for the fixed sturmey and the looks don't we all but all I keep reading is that its for hipsters and not very well thought out now I think its a great bike and ive had a few (bikes that is) I no there marketed at people who are not likely to do more then the odd loop of hide park but its really well made I quite like the hub brake and it always puts a smile on my face so if it was made by a different firm would people look at it differently I wonder anyway would love to hear your thoughts
:welcome: to the forum!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Does it have a front brake ? if not I hope no one ever steps into the road in front of you .
Theres a young guy currently in jail for killing a woman who stepped in front of him on his fixie sans front brake.

Unlikely he could have stopped regardless of brakes but the court didn't see it like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom