Is it legal when filtering on the right to cross on to other side of road?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
And do it at a sensible speed, which will allow you to stop within a safe distance if it goes south on you. Look at that poor fellow the other week who was sailing past the line of traffic then the Focus turned right and T boned him , then drove over him. Not his fault by any means, but in that environment i am far more circumspect with my speed so when people do this to me - and they have done over the years - I don't end up in a blue light taxi to A and E.

rivers

How far can I go?
I always filter on the right, much like I did when I rode my motorbike. But you do need to make sure it is safe. I don't filter on the inside if I can help it. It requires assessing the situation, looking for places to safely tuck in if needed, as well as watching side roads and junctions for traffic that may be let out by cars stuck in a queue.

icowden

Veteran
Motorcycle must do to avoid sitting in jam.

Motorcycle certainly mustn't do. The d***h**** that do do that invariably end up pulling into the bike box at the junction, blocking entry for cyclists. True of London in any event. Frankly a lot of the people on motorbikes / motor-scooters (yes Deliveroo drivers I AM LOOKING AT YOU) shouldn't be allowed on the road. Drive where they like, including straight onto pavements, park wherever they want etc.

<end rant>

vickster

Legendary Member
And as a cyclist while carefully filtering , there’s nothing more scary than being buzzed/ overtaken by a speeding bike especially with anti social loud exhausts

Daffodils do it frequently around here

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom