Is it national 'be rude to a random person' day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Today at work I have been subject to unprecedented and unprovoked amounts of rudeness from colleagues and (potential) customers. It's really quite astonishing - it has never happened to me before.

Anyone else experiencing the phenomenon, or is it just me?

Bah.

Ravenz

izzit 'cos that tee shirt you wearin' got "f@@@k off staring creep!" on the front :blush:;)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Kirstie said:
Today at work I have been subject to unprecedented and unprovoked amounts of rudeness from colleagues and (potential) customers. It's really quite astonishing - it has never happened to me before.

Anyone else experiencing the phenomenon, or is it just me?

Bah.

oh piss off with your whining…:blush:

only joking

Kirstie said:

That'll explain it then!;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sometimes things just clump together I guess. And once you feel you've noticed a trend, you'll perhaps tend to notice it more...

Have a nice cup of tea and a biscuit and remember, you're better than all of them...

Maz

Guru
Kirstie said:
What did they say/do?

Oh not much with hindsight. A couple of things:

Had a phone enquiry for the programme I run from someone who wanted to register but who didn't meet the entry requirements. I was trying to explain to them, politely that they weren't eligible for the course, but that there was an alternative they could do, and they slammed the phone down. I was trying to help them.

Had a consultation meeting with one of our teaching groups over changes/improvements to the programme, and one of the professors publicly berrated me essentially for the actions of my predecessor. Wouldn't even listen to my explanation, just went off on one, slagging me, the programme, the school etc off. It wasn't necessary really.

As I say it's nothing much but twice in one day at the end of a long week where I have tackled, and occassionally solved, problem after problem, taken big decisions, dealt with loads of difficult queries etc just pisses me off.

Top Bottom