Is it naughty?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Historically club cyclist would not ride on roads where there was any kind of organised event going on, now I see a sportive as an organised event.
I think "organised" is being rather optimistic about some of the current crop of commercial sportive organisers. Some of them put impossible conditions on entry (I assume that's to let them kick out anyone they fancy), let food stations run dry and leave their signs up after they've gone home.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You were obviously brought up to not respect the rules that were instilled in me by a great cycling club over 45 years ago. You are entitled to your opinion I voiced mine, I consider mine shows respect to the organisers.

I have never been a member of a cycling club and do not have to pay any attention to rules that they make up to suit their own ends. If its a public road and it is open. I believe you are entitled to ride it. Its why people pay taxes.

If they can organise LEL and TCR without oversubscribing and taking your money. Why cant they do it on a local run out?

Top Bottom