Is it possible to keep feet dry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Snucket

I managed to stay dry while touring in a very wet autumn (I know) with the following setup:
Endura waterproof biblong tights
Waterproof approach shoes
Hiking gators tucked under the tights and over the trainers.
All the shoe covers I've owned have turned out to be useless since they never seem to have a long enough cuff.

Bit of a faff putting on/taking off all that stuff just for the commute though.

Katherine

Guru
I managed to stay dry while touring in a very wet autumn (I know) with the following setup:
Endura waterproof biblong tights
Waterproof approach shoes
Hiking gators tucked under the tights and over the trainers.
All the shoe covers I've owned have turned out to be useless since they never seem to have a long enough cuff.

Bit of a faff putting on/taking off all that stuff just for the commute though.
Still a few pairs of waterproof socks left in the Aldi cycling special event.

Widge

Baldy Go
I have a pair of 'Aldi' waterproof socks too...and they are fine 'for a while' and cheaper than sealskinz....but if I have learned anything in my 50 yrs of living in Devon-water will ALWAYS find a way!

You can keep youre feet warm - but not totally dry. Wollie Bollie socks and PX overshoes are a good a cheap combo.
Its best just accept it - rather than throwing £ssss at it.

MiK1138

Veteran
I have just bought a pair of Endura Road II overshoes and must say they kept my feet not only dry but warm and dry, only complaint is the sole seems a bit slippy which could be dodgy shiny floors.

jay clock

Massive member
I have just got a pair of the Aldi version of Sealskins. Quick test by putting a dry tissue inside one and then immersing it in water. After two hours only tiny bit damp. Will see how sweaty they get. I may wear merino ones underneath

Top Bottom