Is it really 95% the Rider and 5% the Bike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know they can't climb as well as a 'df' bike - and so do you. The onus is on you to prove otherwise, seeing as you're the one giving it large.

Black Mountain, Carmarthenshire. Course record is something like 12:21. Would love to see a recumbent get to the top without pushing - let alone in a half-decent time.

So that would be none, thank you for that.

As for giving it 'large' as you eloquently put it yes I have regarding design and overall speed, comfort, feel, human kinetics, ergonomics, an inspiration and a joy to ride. You bought in hill climbing, I can tell you now that you are wrong. But I won't go into reasons why as I have neither the time or inclination to explain myself to you. Welcome to the ignore list.

Mod Edited

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I wish I hadn't mentioned Guy Martin now..........
Here's a pic of Guy on his "tandem"

image.jpg

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I don't wish to race mano a mano on the queens roads. That's illegal. Give a tt route that you've done and your best time. I'll do a similar route regarding elevation and do a time. Prepare to lose on your bike whose design has not changed largely in 90 years. My bike has set numerous endurance and speed records because its built around me taking into account the best use of a cardio vascular system not to mention utilising the more powerful leg muscles - unlike a df bike.
Well if you're scared to race against someone then that's fine . You will however need to prove your time if you want to do it in a TT and also prove your bike is compliant with CTT rules . Wouldn't want any cheating going on would we .

Well if you're scared to race against someone then that's fine . You will however need to prove your time if you want to do it in a TT and also prove your bike is compliant with CTT rules . Wouldn't want any cheating going on would we .

Not scared to race at all, please don't misinterpret what I've never said. The discussion has always been about how recumbents are quicker, I have your time off Strava for the 40k ride that you done a few weeks ago. Sometime over the weekend I'll get the train to Chesham and do the same ride and post my time on here. Weather permitting of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom