Is it really 95% the Rider and 5% the Bike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Yes, but all that happens if you do both at the same time is people saying they "bought a carbon bike and went 3mph faster"...
Bit like me and my wheels!

For me it's about the bike. And the great thing about my bike is that it weighs more than most other bikes but is far far quicker. You want to go fast? Reduce your drag coefficient.

And those that do want to harp on about weight.....the HPV hour record set in a sled which weighed 46lbs?

56.89.....miles, over 90k.

Face it the majority of cyclists are sheep baaing to the tune of the UCI and marketing departments of bike companies offering the latest and greatest in carbon technology, yet it makes fark all difference to your bike.

If you want to do yourself a favour, sell the bike, buy a recumbent and enjoy cycling as it was before the UCI and the oligopoly of bike companies got their filthy stinking claws in the bike industry and made it what it is today.

ayceejay

Guru
For me it's about the bike. And the great thing about my bike is that it weighs more than most other bikes but is far far quicker. You want to go fast? Reduce your drag coefficient.
I set off my drag co whatsit by matching colours and shoes, trust me big man I always get results.

And the main thing that causes drag ?

Poor bike design, you could not design a more inefficient bike in terms of efficiency in relation to human input, not to mention poor human kinetics and ergonomics if you tried. Thank the UCI for making the mug that you and everyone else that rides a diamond frame bike. No offence imtended but you get my point.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Poor bike design, you could not design a more inefficient bike in terms of efficiency in relation to human input, not to mention poor human kinetics and ergonomics if you tried. Thank the UCI for making the mug that you and everyone else that rides a diamond frame bike. No offence imtended but you get my point.
Sorry , i ask that question before you exposed yourself as a nutter .

Citius

If you want to do yourself a favour, sell the bike, buy a recumbent and enjoy cycling as it was before the UCI and the oligopoly of bike companies got their filthy stinking claws in the bike industry and made it what it is today.

So everyone was on bents until the UCI came along and invented the diamond frame? What have you been smoking?

So everyone was on bents until the UCI came along and invented the diamond frame? What have you been smoking?

I'm talking about the limitations of bike design that the UCI imposed as discussed in this thread. This came of course after Faure set a record that was not bested until Moser with EPO swimming through his veins beat it more than 50 years later. LOL the people who ride df bikes, if only they knew the history of how the modern df bike came about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom