Is it really 95% the Rider and 5% the Bike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
You'd be a rapidly dissappearing speck in my mirrors.
Ooh hark at you with all your mirrors

Sorry , i ask that question before you exposed yourself as a nutter .

I see bikes for 5-6k down my local bike shop and the people that buy them, the same kind of people running a pace line down my local circuit. Who I overtake expending up to 60% less effort then them. Who's the nutter? Give me your best time for a 10 and I'll take it apart. I'll even do the ride in casual gear for the fun of it.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I see bikes for 5-6k down my local bike shop and the people that buy them, the same kind of people running a pace line down my local circuit. Who I overtake expending up to 60% less effort then them. Who's the nutter? Give me your best time for a 10 and I'll take it apart. I'll even do the ride in casual gear for the fun of it.
Lets go one better and have a proper race :okay:

Citius

I'm talking about the limitations of bike design that the UCI imposed as discussed in this thread. This came of course after Faure set a record that was not bested until Moser with EPO swimming through his veins beat it more than 50 years later. LOL the people who ride df bikes, if only they knew the history of how the modern df bike came about.

Sorry, I'm struggling to find a 'yawning' smiley. I don't think there is one. Instead, just let me say BOOORRIIIIIIINNNGGGGG!!!!!

Lets go one better and have a proper race :okay:

I don't wish to race mano a mano on the queens roads. That's illegal. Give a tt route that you've done and your best time. I'll do a similar route regarding elevation and do a time. Prepare to lose on your bike whose design has not changed largely in 90 years. My bike has set numerous endurance and speed records because its built around me taking into account the best use of a cardio vascular system not to mention utilising the more powerful leg muscles - unlike a df bike.

Citius

My bike has set numerous endurance and speed records because its built around me taking into account the best use of a cardio vascular system not to mention utilising the more powerful leg muscles - unlike a df bike.

If your bike takes into account the best use of a CV system, then you should be ok for a race up the Tourmalet? Me on my 'df' bike and you on your Sinclair C5 :laugh:

traffic-136395389851902601.jpg

If your bike takes into account the best use of a CV system, then you should be ok for a race up the Tourmalet? Me on my 'df' bike and you on your Sinclair C5 :laugh:

As you've already attested to - you're boring and have nothing to add.

Citius

As you've already attested to - you're boring and have nothing to add.

Seriously though - race up the Tourmalet? I reckon you'd walk it. Well, you'd have to - cos you certainly couldn't pedal it :laugh:

Bents going up hill are a bit like Daleks going up stairs. Just not meant to happen.

Seriously though - race up the Tourmalet? I reckon you'd walk it. Well, you'd have to - cos you certainly couldn't pedal it :laugh:

You starting to embarrass yourself. You seriously want me to go to France to prove a point. And you think I've been smoking? Now sush, let the adults talk eh?

Citius

I'd just like to thank @bpsmith for starting this thread. It took a while to warm up, but I think we can agree it's all been worthwhile now... ;)

There's plenty of decent climbs in the UK where any recumbent would fail in an equally epic manner. But you already know that, which is why you're avoiding the question.

'Any recumbent' you're showing your ignorance. What knowledge and experience do you have of recumbents to come to this conclusion? Something concrete please, not
Anecdotal from another df rider who got scalped.

Citius

'Any recumbent' you're showing your ignorance. What knowledge and experience do you have of recumbents to come to this conclusion? Something concrete please, not Anecdotal from another df rider who got scalped.

I know they can't climb as well as a 'df' bike - and so do you. The onus is on you to prove otherwise, seeing as you're the one giving it large.

Black Mountain, Carmarthenshire. Course record is something like 12:21. Would love to see a recumbent get to the top without pushing - let alone in a half-decent time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom