Is it the weather? Or are most cyclists insular?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Albert

Über Member
Where I live the local club cyclists are an insular bunch and rarely wave as they charge around. Most are obviously much too serious and focused to even raise a smile. I have noticed this snobbishness with several clubs - it must be the designer glasses :laugh: .
This is why I joined National Clarion and Audax UK where everyone is friendly.
I always smile and nod regardless. Life is too short to behave like a pr**k.

screenman

Legendary Member
I find most of the people I meet who are cyclist are friendly, maybe some are shy and some not so. I wave and smile at most cyclist and walkers as well on shared paths, if I get only one response in 10 it is worth my effort.

OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Thanks for all your responses to a newbie’s observation. Just for clarification – I only ever really indulge in this activity when I’m out in amongst Suffolk’s county lanes as I think I’d be sectioned if I did it while riding around Ipswich. And it’s refreshing that most of you appear to be self-deprecating buggers who don’t take life too seriously. I feel I could like it here …
:smile:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Tonight on way home in Ipswich :-

Bloke with a pony tail, red light jumping, earphones, hi vis, helmet on a mtb. Just missing full suspension and I would have had a straight flush :laugh:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
No problem Jon, I have probably already blanked you as you are local :>)

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Passed at least 15 cyclists out yesterday on everything from downtube shifter classics to Apollo MTB's, some of them in really bad state compared to my loyal steed.

Every one of them spoke,nodded or waved and I reciprocated. On the other hand, if none of this had happened, my ride would have been neither worse nor better.

Then collected scalps :laugh:

Top Bottom