Is it worth joining the CTC?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Certainly is, British Cycling also do it as well - handy for the third party and legal assistance.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
YES ABSOLUTELY.
Also legal assistance which can be invaluable.
Mags OK-ish too.

It's also good to support the organisation that does a lot of lobbying on behalf of cycling and cyclists. Just feel it could do with loosing a bit of its "Beard and Sandals" look!

Good value IMO.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Fossyant and Fab Foodie have said it all.

The CTC third party insurance covered my liability for the damage I inflicted on a brand new VW Polo when I went around a blind bend with more enthusiasm than care.

The pay out was easily more than the membership payments I will probably make during the rest of my lfe. I feel sort of honour bound to try and live as long as possible so they at least break even.

I also take more care racing my mates round corners.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Fab Foodie said:
YES ABSOLUTELY.
Also legal assistance which can be invaluable.
Mags OK-ish too.

It's also good to support the organisation that does a lot of lobbying on behalf of cycling and cyclists. Just feel it could do with loosing a bit of its "Beard and Sandals" look!

Good value IMO.
Whats wrong with a Beard and Sandals?? Ok it is not a good look for the lassies...

Mankymitts

Got knocked off bike in April by a careless driver. Bike OK but only because I cushiones it from the tarmac. Nothing seriously wrong with me. Contacted CTC who put me in touch with their lawyers. 2 months later I got £1000 compo. No doubt, the police and witnesses helped my case but I was still impressed by the efficiancy.

MM

gpx001

Über Member
I too am in the CTC and thankfully I haven't had to use the insurance yet, but have managed to save a few quid on bits and pieces, plus the mag is good and they have useful cycling routes you can download from their website.

Top Bottom