Is mid life crisis real?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
It's all in the mind.:smile:
How do you know you have reached mid life anyway?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My wife is still a 20yr old in my eyes :wub:. Does this count?
No, it doesn't... you are meant to lose all sense of right and wrong, have an affair with a much younger woman who is quite taken with your mature attitude to life, compared to the young twerps she's dated so far, then, when she finds a handsome stud who *is* actually in touch with his feminine side, and runs off to Acapulco with him, you resignedly accept your lot in life, and your wife takes you back willingly, smiling winsomely and saying 'you silly old fool, what were you thinking of?', but occasionally going off on one and throwing a tea-towel at you. You clearly didn't take it seriously! :thumbsup::smile:

No, it doesn't... you are meant to lose all sense of right and wrong, have an affair with a much younger woman who is quite taken with your mature attitude to life, compared to the young twerps she's dated so far, then, when she finds a handsome stud who *is* actually in touch with his feminine side, and runs off to Acapulco with him, you resignedly accept your lot in life, and your wife takes you back willingly, smiling winsomely and saying 'you silly old fool, what were you thinking of?', but occasionally going off on one and throwing a tea-towel at you. You clearly didn't take it seriously! :thumbsup::smile:
And forgot to buy the motorbike and/or tank!

ayceejay

Guru
I never quite understood this 'mid-life' crisis thing, does it come about because you realise that at 45 you have another 45 years to go or only 45 years to go? And with only 45 years to go do you want to squeeze in more crazy than the previous 45? I mean what's the rush?

Top Bottom