Is my wife being unreasonable??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Bear in mind that I retired a few years ago so am obviously very very busy......what with golf, cycling, bird watching, photography & walking etc.

So this morning my wife asked.......nay-instructed me to clean some of the inside windows.
I looked at the first one and said "it doesn't look dirty to me".
To which she said " it does when the sun shines on it"
To which I said "I have had a perfectly good window blind put up---you can pull it down when the sun shines on it-----so you won't see the problem"

Now that sounded perfectly reasonable to me!!!
BUT she then said......."if you dont get it done NOW I will shove this mop up your bum"
Now I have 2 issues with that.......
1) It sound awfully cruel and (I think) is extreme bullying.
2) She shouldn't have time to stop mopping in order to carry the threat out.

What should my course of action be????

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Suggest that when she fits the mop as threatened, you'll be able to wander round and do the floors as you go, leaving her with enough time to clean the b***dy windows herself. win-win :evil:

Fubar

Guru
Bear in mind that I retired a few years ago so am obviously very very busy......what with golf, cycling, bird watching, photography & walking etc.

So this morning my wife asked.......nay-instructed me to clean some of the inside windows.
To which I said "I have had a perfectly good window blind put up---you can pull it down when the sun shines on it-----so you won't see the problem"

BUT she then said......."if you dont get it done NOW I will shove this mop up your bum"

Phone ChildLine.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people

Bend over!

Surrender instantly, clean the windows and then point out you are now going for a bike ride.

Cleaning them straight away takes far less time than moaning to her and then online about it and you would have been out on your bike far quicker.

Just a woman's logic applied to it that is! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

arch684

Veteran
I live alone and have to clean my own windows do all the other cleaning,cooking,washing,shopping and ironing and look after 6 bikes.Though the house is a tip sometimes because i would rather go out on my bike

Top Bottom