Is now a good time to sell a bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ELL

Über Member
I have got a couple of mountain bikes that I want to sell. They are nice bikes not BSO's but were not mega money (£300-£500). Would I be a fool selling them now when the weather is turning bad or would it not matter much? will I be better off waiting until next year when the weather starts getting better again?

pash

I would say now is a good time for mountain bike sales as the weather turns people will be looking to put the shiny road bike away for hibernation and have a go out on the mud. Also it will soon be Christmas present buying time so that might increase the buyers for you.

e-rider

crappy member
The best time to sell a bike (on ebay) is probably April/May/June although if you do it soon you will not get mixed up with the Christmas stuff. Worst time to sell is defo Jan/Feb.

The fact that they are fairly cheap bikes, the difference is going to be small anyway so I shouldn't worry and just go ahead and sell them. You can never tell when someone will bid a silly amount anyway (if you are going down the ebay route).

Are you going to use ebay?

Top Bottom