Is Royal Mail being disrespectful

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Given everything which is happening at RM my guess is either this hasn't been considered or to spend ££££ would be at best insensitive,
Can you name a time in the past when this has bothered them?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Can you name a time in the past when this has bothered them?

No, just thinking about the current situation.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I just happened to notice a Royal Mail van today, no idea way, it had the royal insignia EIIR on the door, should they not be getting them replaced with CIIIR?

Oh dear, what to spend the money on ... Hmmm... maybe pay the postal workers and invest in modern technology ? No, lets paint the vans instead ???

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

As I understand it RM is in dispute with the workforce and now threatening to put the business into administration. Something you will be aware of.
Sorry but you're wrong I wasn't aware of it, but thank you for the update, I will continue to ignore 'news' the old term ignorance is bliss works for me.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

@Moderators I honestly wasn't aware of the pay issue of postal workers & it was supposed to be a light hearted post, however I can see this tumbling down the rabbit hole into an NCRAP brawl, please either lock or remove the thread before it does.

icowden

Veteran
Getting back to the topic, different organisations have different requirements as to when insignia or titles need to be updated.
For example, all QCs became KCs as soon as Charles took over, so all the business cards and letterhead had to be binned.

Post boxes stay pretty much forever and only get a royal insignia when replaced. Hence you see Edwardian and Georgian post boxes. The vans will probably get done when they are due for a respray (if Royal Mail is still going - it's not just the workers, they have a hefty payout to give to all the postmasters that they shafted thanks to their IT system).

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Moderators I honestly wasn't aware of the pay issue of postal workers & it was supposed to be a light hearted post, however I can see this tumbling down the rabbit hole into an NCRAP brawl, please either lock or remove the thread before it does.

I'm not looking for a scrap just felt my original post answered the question as to why RM is ignoring a change to CR or whatever it will be.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I think the way they're being run is disrespectful towards the once-great national asset they once were.

Personally I couldn't care less what's on the side of their vans, while I suspect the cost of re-livering them would be a sub-optimal use of what dwindling funds they have left..

Anyone seen those new postboxes, the small ones on posts? They look like they've been made of pressed steel, and probably were. The old cast ones are a thing of industrial beauty, part of our industrial heritage.

Yes. We've lived here for over 20 years and the nearest post box was a 20 minute walk which is odd for the area.
Finally got a post box last year like this one. Obviously hugely cheaper. This one is ER too and I doubt they are replacing the insignia on these in the current climate. No reason why they should.

Top Bottom